Third Party Press

1939 Tula M91/30 F.L.P.Mi

ugafx4

I buy capture paper guns
Staff member
I wanted to share a rifle that I picked up from one of the boards favorite sellers last week. He had it incorrectly labeled as a Latvian fire police rifle. RyanE's wonderful research has solidly established that this marking is actually a German Luftwaffe rework stamp. I will refer to his thread for more specifics but the short version is that F.L.P stands for "Feldluftpark". Visit RyanE's thread here for more information: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...-FLP-quot-marked-Mosins-(a-possible-solution)

This rifle has its factory original metal and no import mark which was a huge draw to me. The stock is an Izhvesk, but the tang marking of a Tula Star is pretty firmly imprinted in the tang area of the stock. It has been in this one for a while, perhaps traded out at the FLP. I hope these photos get some good conversations started. Thanks to everyone that helped me to land this.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 73
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 43
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 25
Very cool rifle, congrats! :thumbsup:

I love seeing a solid non-refurbed, non-post war example. Great snag!

Pat

An exceptional Luftwaffe Mosin. One of only two non-import FLP guns I know of.

Feldluftpark Minsk (later FLP 3/XII) appears to be the most common of these, which makes sense given that it was apparently the primary logistics airfield for Luftwaffe units of Army Group Center. It was originally setup in August 41 as Luftpark z.b.V 12 at Flugplatz Minsk-Ost, but at some point between October of 1941 and March of 1942 it was converted to an FLP. A little confusing where Minsk-Ost was actually located though. Current Luftwaffe research that I can find seems to confuse Slepyanka and Stepyanka, but I think it was the airfield at Slepyanka (or Slepianka in German).

Picture (dated 5.28.1944) of the airfield attached. The Germans razed the FLP in June of 1944.

Attachments

• Minsk-Ost.jpg
    Minsk-Ost.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back