Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking Stg44 mp44 semi auto build guide

Default Looking Stg44 mp44 semi auto build guide

So I was lucky enough to snag a sing saw but mp44 kit back in the day and I've decided to try and build a semi auto gun oh, so I'm wondering if there's any solid guides on modifying used fire semi-automatic only. Seems to be really hard to find any good solid information.

You need two round copper rods and one rectangular copper bar as an alignment jig for welding. A lathe is required for tight fit. I bought a complete trigger pack from an SSD PTR44, replaced 3 internal FCG parts with U.S. made parts, snagged a U.S. made barrel, made non-auto clearance cuts by removing the auto sear feature from the original op-rod and welded respective blocking pieces into the receiver before finish welding. There's more or less useless advice on the usual builders' sites, some good stuff, some over the top modifications. Bottom line is, build it such that it can't be turned back into an FA device by simply swapping parts and a little filing here and there.
    Always take advice from guys on the internet (this includes me) with a grain of salt. If you screw up, YOU will go to jail. Not the internet guys.

How do you get around the "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" rule when rebuilding on an original receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagon View Post
    How do you get around the "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" rule when rebuilding on an original receiver?
    Doesn't apply here. Once it's cut up in compliance with ATF rules, it's not a firearm anymore, it's funny shaped metal scraps. There are hundreds of threads about this topic on the interwebz.

My recommendation, sell for $ and buy one of the new build semi autos from dingo in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople View Post
    My recommendation, sell for $ and buy one of the new build semi autos from dingo in a few months.
    I couldn't agree more with any statement about them.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople View Post
    Where do I find them at? The last guys I know of that tried to build a semi-auto stg44 was H&G but we should all know how that went

Quote Originally Posted by DylanE View Post
    Where do I find them at? The last guys I know of that tried to build a semi-auto stg44 was H&G but we should all know how that went
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....-DK-store-open!!

Read this thread, its right below yours.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    You need two round copper rods and one rectangular copper bar as an alignment jig for welding. A lathe is required for tight fit. I bought a complete trigger pack from an SSD PTR44, replaced 3 internal FCG parts with U.S. made parts, snagged a U.S. made barrel, made non-auto clearance cuts by removing the auto sear feature from the original op-rod and welded respective blocking pieces into the receiver before finish welding. There's more or less useless advice on the usual builders' sites, some good stuff, some over the top modifications. Bottom line is, build it such that it can't be turned back into an FA device by simply swapping parts and a little filing here and there.
    Always take advice from guys on the internet (this includes me) with a grain of salt. If you screw up, YOU will go to jail. Not the internet guys.
    Any chance he can provide pictures of how you converted years? Its a lot better to comprehend with photos

Also would it be possible to remove the existing trigger pack and use a semi auto hk style trigger pack, I know thats basicly what HMG did