Third Party Press

Early Reinigungsgerät34 -Bakelit

08/15

Hello
I like to show an early kind of RG34.
It´s in a new condition and absolutly complete with the origal contents.

Attachments

• IMG_2216.JPG
    IMG_2216.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2214.JPG
    IMG_2214.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2213.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2194.JPG
    IMG_2194.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2195.JPG
    IMG_2195.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2196.JPG
    IMG_2196.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2198.JPG
    IMG_2198.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 60
Very interesting and the kit is in excellent condition.
Does the RG 34 issued in the Heer have its origin in this commercial kit ?
The company MEWA still exists and seems to be in the "cleaning" business since that time : https://www.mewa.de
I noticed that they were also selling oil : now Ballistol fans will have to find original MEWA Waffenöl :laugh:

Wonderful! Have never seen the original box and company paper sheet. These are commercial cleaning kits made for the civilian market. There are a number of variations. MEWA capitalized on the military rg34 designation to market their product. Great piece and thanks for posting .....

Super cool. Thanks for sharing! That is in absolute stone mint condition. Amazing find. :thumbsup:

One take-away is MEWA appears first to have utilized twisted-wire chain for the pull-thru (such foresight!). Regarding Ballistol, to those not aware, the formula (as produced/marketed in the USA) is no longer the same as the original sold in Europe. A friend stated it has petrochemical ingredients listed on the can and he will not use it for leather or wood applications...and why his last order was purchased from Germany.

Hello
I like to show an early kind of RG34.
It´s in a new condition and absolutly complete with the origal contents.

A very interesting post and a superb example of an original MEWA cleaning kit and the cleaning cotton wicks with the company paper sheet !
Thanks for posting 08/15 !

I enclose pictures of a posterior variant of the MEWA cleaning kit. Note the differences:
  • The use of a dark brown colour materiel.
  • No "34" on the lid.
  • Concentric circles on the back of the oiler (instead of the markings "MEWA TROPFÖLER "34")
  • A different cleaning chain type without the conic muzzle protector.
One take-away is MEWA appears first to have utilized twisted-wire chain for the pull-thru (such foresight!).

Regarding the use of the twisted-wire chain type, it seems that this firm was the first known company to use it, although there is a patent (Nr. 1338282) dated 25.04.1935 to Stolberger Metallwarenfabrik Wirths Bach & Co G.m.b.H. of a "Kette mit Metallhülsen zur Reinigung des Laufes von Kleinkaliberwaffen". Unfortunately, the patent document lacks the drawings, but the text description corresponds to this type of chain.
I have attached a detailed picture of the links found in the MEWA chain and also the text of the patent.

Antoni

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.JPG