Third Party Press

Comparison value G43 AC44 vs K43 Ac44

Hi I know this is a stupid, But I'm fairly new to the G-K43's. I have a G43 Ac44 serial no 7051d in what appears to be original state. I've had it for a few years. I always wanted one. I have a person wanting to trade me a K43 serial no 5354q for mine.

The person desiring to trade is stating theirs is worth more as is a panel cut, last of the 200 ac44's made and is more of a collectors piece and wants to trade it to me for my G43 as mine in more of a "shooter". THis according to him of course.

Mine appears to be in much better condition w/ better bluing which appears original, and has the threaded barrel. I would think NRA VGC. Though it doesn't have the part off the side that a scope connects to. His is in much worse condition. I would say NRA good condition. Stock is in worse condition. No threaded barrel, but has the part the scope mounts to. Both appear to be original and numbers matching. This sight only allows so many photos. So difficult to fully depict each in full detail.

I'm confused on which of these two rifles is the better investment. and Me not being an expert on these I'd like to hear some constructive opinions. As I think this guy may be just trying to get a better rifle than his from someone that doesn;t know better.

Thank you so much for helping educate me on this. The information I'm finding online is scattered, limited and confusing at best.

This is the description the guy with the K43 gave me about his rifle:

1944 dated Walther “panel cut” K43. Serial number 5354q, manufactured in Jan 45. One of the last 200 AC44’s produced according to Claus Espeholt’s G43/K43 website, http://espeholt.dk/ . Metal finish is a mixture of blue and phosphate. Correct late war "type 3" gas system. Original mostly un-sanded stock (has mill marks on buttstock), has some repairs/sanding around damaged areas in front of scope rail and left side bolt lug area and the upper handguard has some small cracks (typical) on the receiver end. Excellent bore and rifling. '359" marked fire control group. Bore is bright and shiny with strong lands/groves. GCB k43 magazine. No import marks. Overall condition is good+. Bought on GB a year ago and haven't shot it. I have been staring at it the last couple months and decided I'm not going to shoot it as it is a more rare/collector rifle than the standard AC44 and I would prefer a shooter...
First 4 photos are of my G43 and second 4 are of his K43.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 95
  • K43-1.jpeg
    K43-1.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 92
  • K43-2.jpg
    K43-2.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 93
  • K43-10.jpeg
    K43-10.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 84
  • K43-8.jpeg
    K43-8.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I'm new to G/K as well but not new to collecting. No doubt you will get good opinions here. Much like real estate rule of Location Location Location I was into Colts at one time and the rule there was with (very rare exception) condition condition condition. I would think the same applies to G/K's and any other weapon. Just my $.02

I’m looking on my phone which makes it tough but I don’t like picture #4 of your rifle as there appears to be an area “dished/scrubbed” out and. The markings don’t look quite correct (especially on what appears to be a cosmetically milled receiver). It would be interesting to get some other opinions or to view the pics on a full sized screen. The blueing also seems very blued and the stock seems very vivid and could have been coloured or stained.

As per the panel cut. ‘q’ block is correct and I would also argue that they are less common than a standard receiver and less common than a cosmetically milled receiver (almost always a contract receiver). Generally G43’s are a little harder to find than K43’s but a panel cut is special, right up there with a duo lug rifle.

Hmmmm, interesting. I'm at work right now and not at my serial number listings. I think I have seen that q block before and have it listed, so I may have some history on it.

I have an ac44 d block as well. Mine also is a milled receiver (cosmetically finished receiver) and has the scope rail milled off like yours. So ours will never have a scope attached to it-which is fine with me as I only collect, I don't shoot them.

At this point, it looks like plus and minuses on both ends. Your rifle is earlier. Earlier is usually more "refined" or "better made" I guess you could say. The threaded barrel on your earlier one is desirable. Your rifle has the duffle stock cut which hurts a bit. It's hard to tell on the q block what's going on with the bluing because of the photo (almost looks like it's bare metal and the finish is gone). Hard to know what's going on with the q block's stock-sanded or not? Even if his is "partially sanded"...it's still SANDED and not as collectible as a non-sanded stock. The receiver "panel cut" on his is desirable.

So, that's where I'm at right now.

I see your gun has a duffle cut repair. Are there any markings on the stock? SN on stock ?

Yes the 7051 is on the stock. I've added some more pics. I thought that was just a repaired crack as I had never heard of a duffle cut till now. good to know.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 19
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 22
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 20
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 17
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 18
Additional pics of my G43

Hmmmm, interesting. I'm at work right now and not at my serial number listings. I think I have seen that q block before and have it listed, so I may have some history on it.

I have an ac44 d block as well. Mine also is a milled receiver (cosmetically finished receiver) and has the scope rail milled off like yours. So ours will never have a scope attached to it-which is fine with me as I only collect, I don't shoot them.

At this point, it looks like plus and minuses on both ends. Your rifle is earlier. Earlier is usually more "refined" or "better made" I guess you could say. The threaded barrel on your earlier one is desirable. Your rifle has the duffle stock cut which hurts a bit. It's hard to tell on the q block what's going on with the bluing because of the photo (almost looks like it's bare metal and the finish is gone). Hard to know what's going on with the q block's stock-sanded or not? Even if his is "partially sanded"...it's still SANDED and not as collectible as a non-sanded stock. The receiver "panel cut" on his is desirable.

So, that's where I'm at right now.

Thank you. I've added more pics. I really appreciate your help. The gentleman wanting to trade states he bought the K43 off Gunbroker. yeah it looks like the k43 bluing is almost completely gone. I've added more pics of both rifles. Neither is perfect by any means. JUst trying to figure which is better from a collectability standpoint. first are the pics of my G43. numbered 1-16

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 11
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 11
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 10
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 12
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Additional pics of the K43 guy wants to trade for my G43.

Thank you. I've added more pics. I really appreciate your help. The gentleman wanting to trade states he bought the K43 off Gunbroker. yeah it looks like the k43 bluing is almost completely gone. I've added more pics of both rifles. Neither is perfect by any means. JUst trying to figure which is better from a collectability standpoint. first are the pics of my G43. numbered 1-16

Next are the K43 pics. Labeled K43 1 - K43 12 For the bluing now that I look at pics again maybe its just the lighting. Hard to tell though.

Attachments

• K43-1.jpeg
    K43-1.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 25
  • K43-2.jpg
    K43-2.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 27
  • K43-3.jpeg
    K43-3.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 27
  • K43-4.jpeg
    K43-4.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 24
  • K43-5.jpeg
    K43-5.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 25
  • K43-6.jpeg
    K43-6.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 30
  • K43-7.jpeg
    K43-7.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 24
  • K43-8.jpeg
    K43-8.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 21
  • K43-9.jpeg
    K43-9.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 22
  • K43-10.jpeg
    K43-10.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 24
  • K43-11.jpeg
    K43-11.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 26
  • K43-12.jpeg
    K43-12.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 27
So, ac44 #5354q on 02-27-2019 was being sold on gunbroker by shnavel. If it’s been with that seller, the rifle has more than likely gone through some re-doing. The price it sold for was $3,295.00. On 03-09-19, the rifle was listed for sale here for $3,000.00 by another seller. This rifle is neat as it’s the 3rd highest known ac44 right now, before the ac45 rifles begin. If anything has been done to the rifle, I do not have it listed as what it could be. I’m thinking the stock for sure has been hit with sanding. Something has happened to the stock, right side where the receiver is exposed. Right side/foreward of the scope mount rail.

If it were me, I guess I would do an equal trade as this rifle hasn’t been duffle cut...but the unknown is, what has been done to it? I’m thinking they both have their ups and downs, maybe equaling each out.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back