Third Party Press

Wow

I believe it and not surprised in the least. Standard G date wood with matching metal would approach that. Norway stocks come close too. It's as I always say, "find another one".

The reason I was bidding so high, is because I already have another single band WaA114 stock, so my intention is to now sell the single band stock, and thus reduce the net cost of the stock I got by hopefully half-ish.

I might be interested in your single band WaA114 stock. I don't normally do "restoration" projects, but I recently picked up an all matching S/147 1936 action that just begs to be rebuilt.

Congrats on hanging in until you found the best possible stock!
It's like finally finding the correct bow for a Stradivarius.:happy0180:

I was the one that bought that

I've spent $1200 on a computer that crapped out after three years. This stock will last longer than that. Plus I know people that regularly spend more money on dumber things so I'm content with spending a bit more on something I'll keep for a long time. Despite losing my oil job some passive investments I have have been doing extremely well so my hobby budget has gone up anyhow.

Besides none of you guys got into mausers to save money now did you?

This is so true. Sometimes we get investing confused with collecting. I’m not into this to fund a retirement I’m into this because I’m learning and creating a cool collection. If the value goes up great but most likely my kids will benefit not me.

Doesn’t mean I want to get screwed but I have bought a few pieces where “ current value “ wasn’t that relevant other than a guide

Good on you. Enjoy it !

I was the one that bought that stock. Really wish the other bidder hadn't jacked the price up at the last second; if it wasn't for one other guy I would've had it for >$400ish. I have an early 1935 S/147/G barreled action, s/n 233a so it is correct for the two barrel band configuration. I've talked to guys about getting a repop made but I can't find anyone to do it. I've been looking for these parts for a long time and have had no luck so when I see something I need, I get it.

The reason I was bidding so high, is because I already have another single band WaA114 stock, so my intention is to now sell the single band stock, and thus reduce the net cost of the stock I got by hopefully half-ish. I'll post photos of the rifle put together once the stock gets to me. Almost done except for a bolt.

I've spent $1200 on a computer that crapped out after three years. This stock will last longer than that. Plus I know people that regularly spend more money on dumber things so I'm content with spending a bit more on something I'll keep for a long time. Despite losing my oil job some passive investments I have have been doing extremely well so my hobby budget has gone up anyhow.

Besides none of you guys got into mausers to save money now did you?
Nice work man! These early Sauer restorations are not for the faint of heart. I am in the same boat as you with looking for a dual band stock for a K date I am restoring. Found a couple nice single spring stocks, but no dual yet. Your success gives me a bit of hope. Until then, my rifle sits in a navy "G" date single spring stock.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Here it is

Stock arrived yesterday, and this morning I cleaned her up and installed my barreled receiver and parts to it. Basically the barreled receiver and triggerguard assembly are s/n 233a, and the stock and it's hardware is all 3751a.

The heel where you'd place your cheek has some sort of repair done to it, you can see in the photos. But I'm very happy with the stock! Took photos of most of the markings. Yes the handguard ring is ground off of the rear sight base but I have a replcaement rear sight base. I'm deciding between having it installed or having a donor handguard ring micro-welded on but haven't decided yet. Interestingly the bolt ejector spring looks to be a wartime replacement as it is e/280 (sauer) marked. But the patina doesn't make me doubt that it's original to the rifle. The seller said he had moved into his dad's old house and found the stock hiding in the garage. He knew it was pre 1939 K98 but not much else about it.

Rifle still needs:
-Bolt assembly
-Follower
-Follower spring
-Forward action screw (One installed is just temporary unmarked one)
-Forward locking screw (The one in the photos is actually a rear locking screw but have to clean the rear hole threads up first)
-Cleaning rod

If you want to see any other photos let me know. Also if you have any leads on the parts I still need please PM me!

Attachments

• IMG_8943.jpg
    IMG_8943.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8944.jpg
    IMG_8944.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8945.jpg
    IMG_8945.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8946.jpg
    IMG_8946.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8947.jpg
    IMG_8947.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8948.jpg
    IMG_8948.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8949.jpg
    IMG_8949.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8950.jpg
    IMG_8950.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8951.jpg
    IMG_8951.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8952.jpg
    IMG_8952.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8953.jpg
    IMG_8953.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8954.jpg
    IMG_8954.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8955.jpg
    IMG_8955.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8956.jpg
    IMG_8956.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8957.jpg
    IMG_8957.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8958.jpg
    IMG_8958.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8959.jpg
    IMG_8959.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8960.jpg
    IMG_8960.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 27
For those who are curious I'm just under $1000 into this rifle. Considering there is an all matching one selling on gunbroker right now for $9,900 I'm content with where I'm at haha

..barreled receiver and triggerguard assembly are s/n 233a, and the stock and it's hardware is all 3751a.

So less than 4000 rifles apart? That's pretty sweet.

..the handguard ring is ground off of the rear sight base but I have a replcaement rear sight base. I'm deciding between having it installed or having a donor handguard ring micro-welded on but haven't decided yet!

I've seen this before (think Bruce might have posted about it here too) and if the guys good it's almost impossible to tell. AND you keep your original part.

Saw later what you posted about price. I think you did well. :thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back