Third Party Press

k-98 police bayonet ? Help for identification

zax5bg

Hi and greetings from Bulgaria.
Recently i got that bayonet , it has a something strange around it and i need professional help for correct identification and information.
There are no quality marks on pommel and no dates on the blade ,the previous owner told me - that is ordered for the police (military police) and for that reason the markings are missing.Perhaps the sheath is from other bayonet.I will appreciate any help.
PS
Sorry for my English , it is not my native language .
5096198_1_1590335968.jpg
5096198_2_1590335968.jpg
5096198_3_1590335968.jpg
5096198_4_1590335968.jpg
5096198_5_1590335968.jpg
5096198_b_1590335968.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums zax5bg. Interesting bayonet. Our more learned members
will be along shortly to educate us on this nice bayonet. I am curious too.

That is a Police blade eagle B made by Alcoso.stahlwarenfabrik Gmbh, Solingen. Blade is commercial blade ,So no serial number just maker. . Serial number on side of hilt is for matching the police rifle. The Police armors did that. Scabbard is from another bayonet. so not matching.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums zax5bg. Interesting bayonet. Our more learned members
will be along shortly to educate us on this nice bayonet. I am curious too.

Thanks for the welcoming.I have a passion for that type of things in my entire life.My country has a reach history and when i was a child , it was easy to find some peace of history in old wardrobe or in basement.I find my first blade in 6,that was Turkish Mauser bayonet,captured from my grand grand father in Russian-Turkish War.Then was a dress sword from other grand father ..... and the true love begin.
I really hope to get some deep information for that K-98 blade.Many people advice me to ask here for help.

That is a Police blade eagle B made by Alcoso.stahlwarenfabrik Gmbh, Solingen. Blade is commercial blade ,So no serial number just maker. . Serial number on side of hilt is for matching the police rifle. The Police armors did that. Scabbard is from another bayonet. so not matching.

Very fast answer,appreciate the help.For the Scabbard ,it was in my mind.Any idea for the Year of manufacturing ?

Tanks for the great welcoming and for the help.
This morning I have a some thoughts in my mind.After digging all night for information.So in the ww1 and ww2 are millions of soldiers equipped with K-98 bayonets.There was a dozens of makers.And in the other side- the policeman’s are not so many, there was quite a few manufacturers who provide contracts for their needs.So that lead’s me to the current blade- it is a commercial but it is somewhat rare.
Correct me if I’m wrong-that was early morning thoughts (before the coffee).
Greetings to everyone who managed to help me.

This is a Police Behoerden contract of S84/98 bayonet, as K98 is a collector designation, the production as mentioned is a Alcoso ACS production, mostly pre 1941, the additional serial on crossguard could be added postwar by balkan country Yugoslavia or other, scabbard is missmatch from Hoerster 43asw code. b.r.Andy

This is a Police Behoerden contract of S84/98 bayonet, as K98 is a collector designation, the production as mentioned is a Alcoso ACS production, mostly pre 1941, the additional serial on crossguard could be added postwar by balkan country Yugoslavia or other, scabbard is missmatch from Hoerster 43asw code. b.r.Andy

Excellent and great explanation.I will try to renew that blade and I hope to find proper scabbard .
Yesterday I read somewhere that this maybe was issued for Military Police and for regular one, can that information will be confirmed?

You should find a unmarked scabbard, the piece is mostly a normal police units, not Military Police as they would got probably a normal WaA proofed bayonets.
Behoerden means a german designation for State Organisation, Official security branches probably. Personally i would only clean the surface and oil the blade, there is not much to do, well used bayonet. The serials on scabbard were striked?

What's Behoerden mean?

To add to what SVW45 and Andrej provided ...... As it applies to bayonets, the term behoerden indicates examples that were produced for Party or civil organizations, the police, postal organizations, railroad security, etc. They may also have been contracted for Werkschutz or factory guards. In all cases they were manufactured by contracts with agencies or organizations outside the Wehrmacht. The term commercial has often been used for these pieces but it is not accurate in the sense that these bayonets were never available or sold to the general public.

Clear points by Slash,comerzial was wrong term,because all production of any firm(bayonet makers or not) is commerzial also for money,even for Wehrmacht which goes through the Waffenamt abnahme acceptance,or outside this by other branches,anyway the Wehrmacht contracts had priority probably. B.r.Andy

Nicely done. Not over done.

I just wanted to preserve the original “spirit “ of the blade and in same time to fix the finish. That’s why I only put a few layers of gun blue .The effect is great- like black and in the same time transparent cover.I easily can make it complete darker, but then it will be just another blade.

I personally wouldnt blue it, as You never make a color tone of german blueing with new chemicals.

Military Rifle Journal
Back