Third Party Press

Same serial number - different makers & year

That’s neat. I once found a rifle with the exact same serial and suffix as one I had. Just a different factory.

Looking at it it could be a reworked scabbard matched to the bayonet, unless you put them together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at it it could be a reworked scabbard matched to the bayonet, unless you put them together.

I would definitely agree. The bayonet has been refinished as well. The area behind the scabbard numbers look ground/polished.

It could be. What would be the purpose of them doing that with the #s but not the manufacturer?

Its certainly so the serial on scabbard was outdoted and filed partly visible e letter under and new number was added, the maker is not important in soldiers book was only serials added, its proper done german reserialing, Mundlos has origin serial number there.So probably done post 1940. Question here is the blueing is old and period?, as i dont like no spures on end of tip.b.r.Andy

Its certainly so the serial on scabbard was outdoted and filed partly visible e letter under and new number was added, the maker is not important in soldiers book was only serials added, its proper done german reserialing, Mundlos has origin serial number there.So probably done post 1940. Question here is the blueing is old and period?, as i dont like no spures on end of tip.b.r.Andy

Thank you for the reply, Andy! For the bluing, I'm unsure as well

Military Rifle Journal
Back