Third Party Press

Blank receiver byf44

I thought it was a neat variation actually sent the link to that auction to a couple friends of mine here. And the price tag I believe was pretty high but it is a need variation and was worth that price to somebody for their collection. There's a couple things that I tried to win at auction that has sold for high prices. To be honest alot of things that have come to auction have sold for high prices lately.

There were several guys I know of watching but it got out of hand and beyond my interest rather early. The stock got wet and had delamination problems. It is not an unknown byf 44 variant but I’d rather have the blank receiver Su27 depot build I bought recently.

Love the dust and dirt in the screws! It’s neat but sad about the water damage. It’s pretty neat that these only showed up recently.

Current thread

At the closing price, just way to much for what it is.
The stock delamination was a huge issue for me.

Hambone is correct, we have black receivers from 1944 production logged in the 'a' and 'k' blocks. Now add an 'e block.

wow... I stopped watching this... I'm shocked how high it went. Bruce I was thinking of you but it wasn't in your type of condition heavy browning of the metal but a closet rifle for sure.
Next trend is to remove markings then re-blue for an odd ball. :facepalm: This rifle wouldn't have broken 1800.00 I feel if it had the byf44 in that condition but, hey these are crazy times right now.. :thumbsup:

Even with the issues, I would have considered it but the price coupled with condition = no deal.
To bad, as I mentioned to another forum member, the 2 guys that were hammering each other
probably didn't even know what the rifle really was.

Sad.

yes at 1/2 ending bid a decent price not twice that. Just goes to show the lack of decent stuff out there and when something pops up it goes nuts.

Military Rifle Journal
Back