Third Party Press

G43 Op Rod Spring length

k98dave

I picked up a set of new springs (ebay). The op rod spring is quite a bit longer than the original which measured just 6", new one is 7.5" Is this correct or are the e bay springs wrong?

I was thinking this extra length will stack the coils too much when compressed.

001.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a set of new springs (ebay). The op rod spring is quite a bit longer than the original which measured just 6", new one is 7.5" Is this correct or are the e bay springs wrong?

I was thinking this extra length will stack the coils too much when compressed.

View attachment 239463

It kind of looks like your original spring has been cut. The top of the coil on the left hand side should be tighter . It looks like a cut with the gap between the end and the last coil.

It kind of looks like your original spring has been cut. The top of the coil on the left hand side should be tighter . It looks like a cut with the gap between the end and the last coil.

Thanks yes it does look like the end is not right. But does the new spring still look to long to you? I was think about coil stack up when its fully compressed.

Thanks yes it does look like the end is not right. But does the new spring still look to long to you? I was think about coil stack up when its fully compressed.

From the photo it looks ok. I dont have one of mine handy to measure it. Install it on the rod and and see how the rod operates by hand.

Last edited:
Well I have a shooter kit on the way from Rob Applegate and it has springs he says are designed to work with his kit. I will keep these e bay springs as spares.

Military Rifle Journal
Back