Third Party Press

Thread: Navy contracts data

Default Navy contracts data

Guys I haven't posted much in the Imperial section. With the pandemic going on my business has not slowed down at all. In reality I'm working three times harder than I was before due the lack of help. But I have some good news I'm working on designing a website and the first chapter I'm wanting to do for my future book project is Navy contract gewehrs. But I'm trying to gather as much data and information as I can. Which unfortunately there is not a lot out there we know that dwm was the main supplier for the Navy for these special rifles. But I'm also wanting to see if some of the state-run Arsenal's did a couple small contracts as well for the Navy.

The more I research the more I'm trying to find letter blocks and serial number ranges to see how many rifles were contracted and produced for the Navy for certain years and even unit markings. Maybe one day I will see my book project become a reality which will take a lot of work and time. Main reason I bought a new computer and equipment for my office.

On a side note I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well hopefully a good summer for us all on the horizon. Take care and thank you for all the help and contributed to this project. I could not make this project become a reality without everyone's help.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

I wanted to update this I've come across some more information, and I'm waiting to hear back from my contacts in Germany. I would greatly appreciate others here could share their findings as well. I'm sorry I've been slow to post things up been extremely busy with work and my side work as well.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers