Third Party Press

Thread: Brunn II Magazine Assemblies

Default Brunn II Magazine Assemblies

I have some questions regarding dou.45's and the mag assemblies.

1. On page 291, the shown tg's and fp's do not appear to correlate like I thought before, notice the two farthest right pictures have a milled FPP on top, and the bottom right has a stamped FP. However, the other profiles appear to match? I'm not sure if this is showing correlating assemblies or not.

2. On page 304, there are 4 dou45's that I would like to know the FP and TG combos for to get an idea of what to put on my dou.45 I am restoring. my SN is 7683 no letter, so the first 2 in particular would be nice.

3. Rifles I was able to find on the forum:

dou.45 NLB:
    TG: svw e/135, stamped, phosphate.
    FP : unmarked, milled, phosphate

A block:
    TG: qnw, stamped, blued
    FP: qnw, stamped, blued

A block:
    TG: qnw, stamped, blued
    FP: qnw, stamped, blued

C block:
    TG: svw e/135, stamped, phosphate?
    FP: unmarked, stamped, phosphate?

C Block:
    TG: svw e/135, stamped, phosphate
    FP: byf marked, stamped, phosphate

4. Pictures of my dou.45 attached. I originally thought that with the barrel (needs to be replaced, have a late e/135 marked barrel, a dou would be nice) and receiver markings, that this rifle was wartime production. However, the serial on the right side makes we question that. However, I cannot find anything in the books or online that is similar to mine. I have never seen a serial with a letter embedded in it, any clue what this is?

Thanks in advance guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (292.8 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (277.8 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (275.0 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (311.2 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (280.4 KB, 29 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (305.6 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (301.8 KB, 15 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (284.6 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (282.6 KB, 13 views)
    23, have been collecting for five years, looking for bnz45 bolt + front km band, dot44/swp45 action for semi-kriegs stock. S/42 1937 follower, bnz4 unnumbered bolt release lever, byf44 b block floorplate.

Tried to fix pics, cant edit post
    23, have been collecting for five years, looking for bnz45 bolt + front km band, dot44/swp45 action for semi-kriegs stock. S/42 1937 follower, bnz4 unnumbered bolt release lever, byf44 b block floorplate.

The number in the right side is a Yugo rework number applied postwar, thatís why you canít find anything here.

As to trigger guard Assy, any combination shown would probably ok. But, best to find a matching rifle close in serial to yours and duplicate the setup. I have sn 7503 and it has qnw/qnw, and I know itís original. Iíd copy that myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    The number in the right side is a Yugo rework number applied postwar, that’s why you can’t find anything here.

As to trigger guard Assy, any combination shown would probably ok. But, best to find a matching rifle close in serial to yours and duplicate the setup. I have sn 7503 and it has qnw/qnw, and I know it’s original. I’d copy that myself.

I see! I was looking at postwar Czechs the whole time, never knew the Yugos put postwar numbers on the side like that, I am only familiar with the ones with the crests put on them. In regards to looking for and duplicating the setup, that is what I was hoping to do with the two no letter blocks from the book because they are so close. They don't have breakdown tables and as far as my search went, they were not posted to the forum until now that I saw the one you have!
    Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Aaron; 06-08-2020 at 11:46 PM.

On second consideration, that number may be postwar Czech. I am going off memory here. Either way itís not ww2 related. Attached is the only pic I have of the trigger guard setup from the other dou45 from that page.

Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    On second consideration, that number may be postwar Czech. I am going off memory here. Either way it’s not ww2 related. Attached is the only pic I have of the trigger guard setup from the other dou45 from that page.

Thanks for sharing 7408! Originally I was going to trade away the Oberndorf KM assembly that came with it to try and get a dou. style assembly, but I suppose parting one together from anyone who has parts won't matter seeing the rifle is going to be a postwar mixmaster when finished.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (83.1 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (91.0 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (199.5 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (195.8 KB, 5 views)
    Last edited by Aaron; 06-09-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Hate to make you dig them out again MrFarb, but do you know what type of followers those both have?