Third Party Press

Nazi arm band?

Willy

Hey guys I got this and some other stuff from a vets family. Not sure what to make of it or who it’s for? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.F7036331-5249-4D76-B570-6DCEBD102A0A.jpg

It is a Third Reich arm band for the Reichskolonialbund (Reich Colonial League). I can not say 100% if it is an original arm band or not.Put it under a black light to see if the material glows, if it does it is a copy,made after 1945. One thing to keep in mind, an original Third Reich item made of material, cloth, etc. that has been washed in modern (post 1945) clothes detergent will glow due to the phosphates in the soap. There are guys who can look at the stitching, construction of said item, and tell if it is original or not. Sad to say I am not one of those guys.

Last edited:
I believe it to be real. I got a pretty large collection from the vets daughter. She is a local elderly lady who lost her only child years back. We took the items to a local military museum for help pricing the items. We reached an agreement. Most of it I promised to display there for 6 months Being D-Days anniversary. I figured that was fair enough. Plus she wanted to honor her late father. I will post more pics of the items. Some are just paper flyers for the Third Reich. Some pics a couple of books and pics. Some coins and a few medals and pins.

Would need to see much better pics (closeups, reverse stitching, inside images, etc) but don't like the look of this at all. There are issues here .....

Military Rifle Journal
Back