Third Party Press

Original MP-44 mags for sale

I bought one of his compete carriers a while back. If I can't find a bolt at a normal price, waiting for Dingo is my plan.

I bought one of his compete carriers a while back. If I can't find a bolt at a normal price, waiting for Dingo is my plan.

Watch out for the "mint" looking bolts and and op rods on Gunporker, they are repros stamped with fake Waffenamts.

BTW, who's bidding up Larry Reisel's rusted beater Stg44 parts kit?

Watch out for the "mint" looking bolts and and op rods on Gunporker, they are repros stamped with fake Waffenamts.

I just saw that one this evening I marked it on my watchlist just because I'm curious what it goes for. My guess a lot I regret not buying that nice matching kit that was complete with a saw cut receiver back in Knob Creek 2 years ago for $4500. I could have bought it and used it for trade for something I really wanted.

I like how he claims the barrel is "live" even though it has been torched in half. looks like somebody removed the trunnion from the sheet metal receiver shell. There are several MP40 parts mixed in with this parts set.

I check GB everyday for these and other parts. I saw this kit and thought $1,600 for cut up parts, hardly much there to use. I bought a similar kit with a lot less damage last week for $ 450, it had a undamaged lower ( no internals), rough exterior barrel ( uncut) and all the parts to populate a barrel. I need the lower it was worth the $ 450

man the demand is certainly there

I am glad I bought in heavy when I did, the demand is insane. Good luck to anyone looking for a deal, because for each one of you, there’s at least one douche looking to buy those deals and then gouge you.

Prices are so artificial right now it’s an unrealistic expectation on anyone’s part to say yes, “the average value of a sturmgewehr kit is $X.”

Then you’ve got assholes like me, always lurking... finding the real deals and you never hear about them, like my most recent sturmgewehr purchase :)

Good to see they got a couple more, I was able to grab one this time before “MG34-Gunner” got them, and relisted on gunbroker with a markup.

I don't mind him selling BRP's mags with 50% markup (anybody can buy them from BRP at BRP prices, some people are just too lazy to scour the internet for deals) or him selling an APEX M53 parts kit with BRP semi auto parts and Global Machine & Tool receiver halves for $3,500 when the same parts can be accumulated for half the price with some patience. What gets my attention is when obvious reproduction parts with critical metallurgy requirements are sold as MINT WW2 parts, including fake Waffenamts. A Waffenamt stamp is proof the part met factory requirements for tolerances, functionality and safe operation, including hardness tests. Slapping a Waffenamt on a repro part is like a Chinese knockoff Craftsman wrench with Made in USA engraving.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874675551

There's no way this is an original WW2 forged op rod. Convince me otherwise.

I don't mind him selling BRP's mags with 50% markup (anybody can buy them from BRP at BRP prices, some people are just too lazy to scour the internet for deals) or him selling an APEX M53 parts kit with BRP semi auto parts and Global Machine & Tool receiver halves for $3,500 when the same parts can be accumulated for half the price with some patience. What gets my attention is when obvious reproduction parts with critical metallurgy requirements are sold as MINT WW2 parts, including fake Waffenamts. A Waffenamt stamp is proof the part met factory requirements for tolerances, functionality and safe operation, including hardness tests. Slapping a Waffenamt on a repro part is like a Chinese knockoff Craftsman wrench with Made in USA engraving.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874675551

There's no way this is an original WW2 forged op rod. Convince me otherwise.

Interesting I've bought a lot from MG34gunner over the years.

The Reisel auctions are amazing, the prices he seems to get are outrageously high.

I agree, a bit of shopping away from the popular auction sites is the way to go, certainly with fighting knives (in my experience) and gun parts and ammunition, actually going to genuine traders or merchants sales pages and web sites seems to be a much better and cheaper option than GunBroker, which I guess because of ease of use has become quite an expensive market place - with the odd exception of course.

As far as that oprod goes, the markings are suspect. No mfg Mark, f.ex. Fxo

However it does look physically correct, I like the tool marks on the carrier.

As far as that oprod goes, the markings are suspect. No mfg Mark, f.ex. Fxo

However it does look physically correct, I like the tool marks on the carrier.

This is how original WW2 parts look like. Study the details.

ON10054M__12_large.jpg
ON10054M__04_large.jpg
ON10054M__05_large.jpg
ON10054M__03_large.jpg
924902d1452878522-mp-44-parts-e38de69c28c9e58d6454372bf65b96d0.jpg
dis_mp44_17.jpg

Resurrecting this since I was also watching. The 'winner' seems to think he's a flipper of junk parts kits apparently and not so good either. 2 Fs and a C, plus an A in the last month alone. Wonder where he thinks he's going with this at $3500+??

I would have bought that for $3500 - my guys have restored far worse.
My favorite rifle (movie rifle) was in much worse shape than that kit, when it landed in my lap (in parts.) lol.
Oh, to have a life with time to spend watching GB!

Military Rifle Journal
Back