Third Party Press

My first K98 cleaning kit (took a while!)

That one should be good to go...another thing to be aware of, IIRC the brass connector on the chain pull through is another indicator of Port kits...

Here is a great site to waste a few hours (or more)!

http://rg34.blogspot.com/p/rg-34-info.html

This is just an empty tin being sold on Facebook marketplace of all places lol. I figured I could swap the parts if the seller would sell it for a decent price. But I’d like the parts to be correct as well...

Thanks for the link. I’ll have a browse!

This is just an empty tin being sold on Facebook marketplace of all places lol. I figured I could swap the parts if the seller would sell it for a decent price. But I’d like the parts to be correct as well...

Thanks for the link. I’ll have a browse!

Worth grabbing if the price is right...keep an eye on eBay too, you can find good kits at decent prices, if Farb doesn't scarf them all up...:laugh:

I have a few in my sales boxes that might fit your bill....

Worth grabbing if the price is right...keep an eye on eBay too, you can find good kits at decent prices, if Farb doesn't scarf them all up...:laugh:

I have a few in my sales boxes that might fit your bill....

Seller was wanting 50, but that seems a lot for an empty kit... complete ones seem to be near that. I was thinking of trying to go for 30? :-/ But then I need to ask if the seller would ship....

If you do have a correct German example, let me know!

I might have a few kits and/or components become available in a week or so. Everything is of German WW2 period. Perhaps there may be something of interest if you care to LMK your wants...

Some remarks about the Portuguese Reinigungsgerät 34.

I have observed basically two types of tin cases:
  • Standard tin case with G.Appel 1938 and G.Appel (non dated), both with Waffenamt WaA67.
  • Non-standard tin case (with small diffences) without markings.
Many of them show the big eagle Waffenamt (with or without numbers down) on the opposide lid. I do not like at all this Waffenamt. I have observed also Waffenamt's that show the numbers WaA920 and WaA138.
There are also another variation that I denomine as "commercial Rg34 ", with standard tin case but without any markings, although it has standard parts manufactured by G.Appel inside, albeit I can not confirm that it was also exported to Portugal.

I have observed several G. Appel 1938 like the one posted by Zeppelin5000, but frankly, I don't like the markings. The tin box is of the second type, non-standard tin, but in this case with the G.Appel 1938 marks added. Note that the stamping was made slightly below and shows some differences in the stamping dies compared to the normal G. Appel markings from those years. The can itself and parts are original.

Regarding the pieces that are generally found within these Portuguese Rg34's, the crude manufacture of the parts and the evident differences of these pieces compared with the standard ones of the Wehrmacht allows us to think that they could have been made in Portugal instead of Germany.

Antoni

Military Rifle Journal
Back