Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: German captured soviet weapon pictures

Beavis Moderator Intern mdarnell19's Avatar

The guy on the right actually has a SVT 38. Very cool pictures. Thanks for sharing

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Wonder if they are FLP marked.

Interesting variety of slings on the 91-30s. Looks like they made some wire sling swivels. The swivels look similar to the ones used during the Spanish Civil War.

Since you seem to like this, I thought I should then share three of my German pictures showing captured Soviet stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Neat photos, thanks for sharing. This isnít the first time Iíve seen a German soldier armed with a Mosin that had a non-Mosin bayonet strapped onto his belt. It seems like they wore bayonets more as fighting knives and had them because they were available.

I have a number of Beutewaffen bayonets that were modified by reducing the muzzle ring radius. Some were rendered incapable of attaching securely to their original, intended rifles as a result, so the use of them as available fighting knives would seem to make more sense.

Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafx4 View Post
    Wonder if they are FLP marked.

Interesting variety of slings on the 91-30s. Looks like they made some wire sling swivels. The swivels look similar to the ones used during the Spanish Civil War.

Your comment on the sling types and what we often see on rifles coming into the country with the "wrong" type of slings on them according to some experts points out the plain fact that they used what they could find and the quartermaster of the armory could provide. This is especially true of Finnish used arms and the main reason I tend to leave things the way I find them when it comes to accoutrements that are arms related. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us! Bill

Here's another one - pretty sure that's a German soldier posing with that SVT-40.
    Attached Images Attached Images