Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QVE 45 "L" block

Quote Originally Posted by DWM1915 View Post
    Thanks Kelly! I had not noticed any rust on the inside of the hood but I'll give it another look with better light, I think it may just be gunk buildup but if rust I'll clean it, i don't want anything getting a foothold. Buttplate is flat and the gas cylinder is number matching, I've attached a couple of pics.

Nick

Attachment 241001Attachment 241002
    Thank you very much.

One thing I have come across that’s odd in collecting these things is that on pistols, taking them apart and cleaning all the grease and gunk out is totally acceptable. Cleaning rifles out is considered “sacrilege”. I can see why as you don’t want anything tampering with the wood at all, and a cleaning process would do that. And, I will admit that old cosmoline is neat. But, under the front sight hood, I would definitely clean that little area out.

Nice score!!

Nice to see some good photos of this.. Glad you are happy with it. This sat in an old collection Ive been culling for years. Never posted an "Old guy" non internet person had this one 40+ years along with an ac45 and some mounts.

Qve is one of my fav's as well and when I was collecting 43's it was the only one I couldn't find in top condition.

Very nice rifle which could not have been fired much. It appears to have had a scope mount on it at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    Very nice rifle which could not have been fired much. It appears to have had a scope mount on it at some time.
    Yep, mount drag marks. Wonder if it was a matching mount or what? We’ll never know.