Third Party Press

bcd45 no final acceptance with bolt forge flaw Sn. 14308

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
One of the last of the completed bcd45 rifles, this one has a few really neat attributes. The main cool feature is the bolt has some healthy forging flaws, but rather than scrap the bolt it received Waffenamt acceptance and was used. Also, this rifle has tan paint inside the buttplate, instead of the typical red. A very few really late bcd45's have tan painted interior color there. Another really late bcd in the pic sticky has the same front band as this, what appears to be sintered Iron with the "1" code. Has the last type rough, partially finished gas shield and some rough chatter on the stock.

Attachments

• serial.jpg
    serial.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 214
  • code.jpg
    code.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 212
  • bands.jpg
    bands.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 186
  • bblcode.jpg
    bblcode.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 188
  • bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 199
  • bplate.jpg
    bplate.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 203
  • butt.jpg
    butt.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 199
  • chatter.jpg
    chatter.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 196
  • cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 193
  • e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 196
  • ghn.jpg
    ghn.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 196
  • lxr.jpg
    lxr.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 167
  • root.jpg
    root.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 181
  • tguard.jpg
    tguard.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 188
avk "Cv" is also the highest lot known by this maker, several are known but this is the highest lot so far. I like the bolt too!

That’s killer. Man great find. Any chance of a photo of the buttplate taken off? Stock code/date?

Wow. Another example of just what they were willing to 'accept' at the end. Some serious flaws/rough finish work on this piece. Great rifle Mike!

Love the flaws in the bolt body and that rough super late bolt shroud!! The last of the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a loose/spare matching late phosphate/blue mix bolt with a similar forge flaw. Sold it to a member here last year I think. Very nice bcd45 here.

Military Rifle Journal
Back