Third Party Press

Any 6x scope used on K98 sniper?

pjone

Rare six times scopes

Hi, just new to the forum and would like to know is there any six times scopes used on the k98 sniper rifle during wwii? If yes what is their models and what mounts does they come with? Thanks guys!

Last edited:
6X Zeiss Zielsechs were used with SSR , LOW TURRET , LSR and possibly (HIGH TURRET although I have never seen a legitimate/original example) .
6x Ziel Dialyt with SS Objective Mount Rifles
6X Pre War Ajack Scopes on Sauer SSR

Last edited:
Yes, as Dave pointed out. Some were used but these are hard to find. I am yet to see a confirmed legit example of a 8x scope.

6X Zeiss Zielsechs were used with SSR , LOW TURRET , LSR and possibly (HIGH TURRET although I have never seen a legitimate/original example) .
6x Ziel Dialyt with SS Objective Mount Rifles
6X Pre War Ajack Scopes on Sauer SSR

Short addendum: for the Jägerspende scopes they requested in particular:
  1. Hensoldt Söhne, Wetzlar, 4- und 6-fache Vergrößerung, Mittelrohrdurchmesser 22 u. 26,5mm
  2. Karl Zeiss, Jena, 4- und 6-fache Vergrößerung, Mittelrohrdurchmesser 26,5mm
  3. Karl Kahles, Wien, 4 fache Vergrößerung, Mittelrohrdurchmesser 27mm
  4. A.Jackenroll, Berlin, 4- und 6-fache Vergrößerung, Mittelrohrdurchmesser 22 u. 26,5mm

Technically therefore any 6x scope by Hensoldt, Zeiss or Ajack of 22 or 26,5mm tube could had been used on SSR mount that was manufactured up to 9th November 1942.

This therefore would also outrule the Oigee Berlin scope the OP was asking upon.

Well, theoretically a K98k can be all matching and original, but carry a wrong Oigee scope. Generally however if it already has a wrong scope there are more things to worry upon too..

Military Rifle Journal
Back