Third Party Press

German Wehrmacht model 1931 canteen and mess kit English version Now Available

Aaron

Link:
http://www.luglioeditore.it/libridett.php?cat=37&id=520

From The original post in the Trinkwasser/EssenBehalter/Feldflasche/Kochgeshirr Facebook group:

Giancarlo Persic
"English version of our book Bevevano e Mangiavano is ready for sale and will be released on July 1st, 2020.
The book is in A4 format, paperback, with a total of 335 pages and 1738 photos.
The Italian version was released in a limited edition by choice and is already sold out.
With a price of 65 euros plus shipping costs, will be available for purchase here:
-ISBN code 8868032043
-To order write here: ordini@luglioeditore.it
-http://www.luglioeditore.it/
We also want to point out that the book has been translated in Czech language and, in that version, it will be put for sale only and exclusively by Radek Šturala (it is his concern to deal with book advertising and sale methods for this version).
The idea of writing this book was mine but, from the beginning, I did it together with Roberto Chiacchiarini, spending hours and hours making discussions, exchanging information, opinions, etc etc. etc.
Without his fundamental help/support/collaboration, this book would not have come to light.
There was therefore the precious collaboration of Carloni Mattia (esteemed and prepared collector on the subject of canteens/mess kits/support straps and not only) and, at last but not least, Pietro Galeotti, who had took care of the glossary.
It is a book that comes from my immense passion for the Wehrmacht canteens, passion that first brought me to fall in love with this matter (and the basic equipment of the German soldier) and later had driven to study in depth.
These studies have been shared and expanded with the biggest collectors in this field through the following Forums:
-The Die Deutschen Soldaten Forum in Italy;
-The Wehrmacht Awards Forum;
-The German Helmet Walhalla Forum;
Clearly there are many other Forums, but I used mainly these.
All war time (almost all unpublished) images, many of which are very important with some fundamental and very rare details, are our property. Only three pictures are not of our property, and obviously we thanked/mentioned the owners.
The objects posted in the book have been photographed with care and without omitting any details.
With the creation of this book we hope to have succeeded in our intent, that is to give the collector a guide as complete as possible on the subject of canteens, mess kits and support straps; we have tried to give certainty on what we are sure of, but we have also tried to give cues for reflection (and perhaps future insights...) on topics of whom there is still little knowledge.
PS: our second book (english version) about gasmaskes and related items will be ready next year."

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 26
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 26
Thanks I will be buying this book, just have to figure out how to get it shipped to the USA.

Let me know as well! My bank says a wire transfer would be more than the book and shipping cost combined which was crazy to me, mail from out of country is super easy compared to this!

Military Rifle Journal
Back