Third Party Press

Restore question

I dunno, the original post seemed like a pretty innocent question. I don’t think he had any ill intent in asking that question, and he got some pretty straight answers about restorations in general. Kinda harsh to call his question evidence of an impending con-job. New guys have to learn a lot to get up to speed in this universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not harsh at all and was not directed at the OP, its this "RESTORATION by amateurs or Gunsmithing by amateurs the point is to make something it is not nor will ever be
so what is the purpose?

then he or others, so as not to pick on the OP re-read my post its about future sales "Yah I know he is never going to sell it yah its his rifles blah blah blah

I dunno, the original post seemed like a pretty innocent question. I don’t think he had any ill intent in asking that question, and he got some pretty straight answers about restorations in general. Kinda harsh to call his question evidence of an impending con-job. New guys have to learn a lot to get up to speed in this universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks M1903A3

not harsh at all and was not directed at the OP, its this "RESTORATION by amateurs or Gunsmithing by amateurs the point is to make something it is not nor will ever be
so what is the purpose?

then he or others, so as not to pick on the OP re-read my post its about future sales "Yah I know he is never going to sell it yah its his rifles blah blah blah

Sprat my original question was what could be done WITHOUT hurting the collector value of the gun. Restoring the rifle would clearly make it more appealing to the eye but why would i ask that question if i was planning to scam someone? Id simply just keep my mouth shut and do the restore job.

The truth is i just paid more money for a gun than iv ever paid in my life and iv never even seen the gun. It looks great but im a bit stressed that it will arrive and i will have a surprise that wasn't visible in the photos. I love the idea of having a collector piece but i would also like to be sure it is functioning and understand how to maintain it without destroying it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back