Third Party Press

Maxim

ryche

Hey guys and possibly girls:
Anybody besides haak48 on here play with Maxim guns??
I know haak and he is a fantastic guy. He helped me get my Maxims in much better running condition a couple years ago.
I see him at Big Sandy in October. always looking for chat time with other owners.
You can see my Aircraft Maxim featured in Forgotten Weapons Zepplin Maxim.
Ryche

Yes it was alot of fun making that episode. She is great fun to play with, but keeping her cool.... Well no zeppelins around to cool her correctly :)
Ryche

Haha I remember that episode what a fantastic Maxim in your collection sir. I got a good friend down in Kentucky that has a few Maxim's in his collection. He keeps inviting me down to come shoot them with him. I just haven't had the time due to my work schedule. Hopefully one day will add an nice 08/15 to my collection just not right now!

Haha I remember that episode what a fantastic Maxim in your collection sir. I got a good friend down in Kentucky that has a few Maxim's in his collection. He keeps inviting me down to come shoot them with him. I just haven't had the time due to my work schedule. Hopefully one day will add an nice 08/15 to my collection just not right now!

You need to take J up on that trip. The times he has come to the house and we warmed those old school emma gees up was a hoot. Still got some video of when my son was 12 and letting loose a 200 rd belt out of one of his 08/15's.

Hey: Notice they didn't give a price on the Zeppelin. But i like the group buy idea:laugh:
I also own a 1918 D.W.M. 08 Maxim. "The Finicky Bitch" and boy she was until i got Haak's help with her. We got her running real well now.
I just acquired a Sled mount for her last summer so now she is dressed right. :)
Ryche

Ryche, I am also looking for a sled, for mine currently I'll be adapting a Vickers tripod for it, until I find a sled that is not 8k. I've seen a few but not gonna pay 8k for one. So one will surface, and someone will think it's some kinda odd homemade table, lol. Thanks Gage.

boilerop: I ran mine on a Swiss tripod for years. They do show up from time to time. Just make sure the gun mount is with it. It clamps around the back of the water jacket and sockets into the tripod. I had to sell mine to come up with the 5 grand i paid. Seems to me they run about $2500 to $3000 when they pop up. If i come across either i will let you know.
Ryche

You need to take J up on that trip. The times he has come to the house and we warmed those old school emma gees up was a hoot. Still got some video of when my son was 12 and letting loose a 200 rd belt out of one of his 08/15's.

Hopefully this Fall I can get some free time away from work and my other projects Bill. I told him we also need to shoot some black powder old school stuff as well.

Military Rifle Journal
Back