Third Party Press

Expensive 1916 Danzig

Warrior1354

ax - hole
I'll be honest this is a lovely Danzig 1916 Gew98 with a beautiful stock and in wonderful condition. Now the catch is why does the seller not show a single picture of the bolt, and the stock numbers, and the magazine follower? I messaged the seller asking for pictures with no reply. I have a feeling it's not matching as the listing says it is?

The price tag of $2000 and the AS is inspection period it better be 100% matching. But gunbroker has been very strange lately.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872862240

yeah that one....I think the buyer, if educated, is going to be in for a disappointment. It looks nice from a distance but given the evasiveness of the seller I would be willing to bet it has an issue or two for that much money... no way.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Indeed a lot of buyers see the pretty stock and go oh well look how nice that rifle is. Oh wow the bluing is so nice as well and they keep hitting that bid button. I tell buyers all the time take the horse blinders off. We all get excited for that one rifle we have been looking for. But when you do see it stop and think and really look at what your buying. Nice rifle but what if that so called pretty stock is not matching? What if the bolt is not matching? A nice all matching 1916 Gew98 Dazing like the one I sold for $1600 seems reasonable. If the bolt is not matching now it's $900, then the stock well now it's worth like $500 to me as a pretty shooter or less.

There is no logical reason other than to omit or side step the additional pictures of all parts. I agree, doesn't smell right.

I tend to agree, if the bolt matched he would have said so and or shown it. He listed what had the 4 or last two digits, I didn't notice the bolt. The stock is almost for sure original, the features are right for range and Latin C/G is right for this year and block. Danzig was one of the first to start using Latin characters, dropping the funky fraktur and Sütterlin characters. By 1917 it was increasingly common with several makers.

Anyway, the real thing is if the bolt is original, no hidden problems, the seller took it in the shorts due to stupidity. A full matcher is worth more than $900, though not $2000 (for a Danzig/16, a late one at that...)

Yeah it seems like the seller was less than forthcoming...looks like the swivel on the rear band got shaved off also.

I'll take the one Jordan sold me every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yeah it seems like the seller was less than forthcoming...looks like the swivel on the rear band got shaved off also.

I'll take the one Jordan sold me every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

You just had to remind me of that one Tom! Yeah that was a nice one glad you ended up with it though. I'll be honest rather collectors here end up with my stuff then buyers on gunbroker.

Military Rifle Journal
Back