Third Party Press

P08 Black Widow help needed

Other guys will have better opinions than me, but, man, that is rough...what shape is the holster in? Figure you have at least $400-500 in accessories, so $1100-$1000 for the pistol probably isn't bad if it is matching...

But rough stuff is tough to get rid of unless you sell it cheap...

Last edited:
I think $1500 is a lot of money. I agree, the holster, tool & the one decent mag would be in the $400-500 range. The pistol, at best is an ugly shooter, only if per chance the bore doesn't look like the outside. The only redeeming part is the black grips if they are real.

I would pay a little more and get a luger in significantly better condition. Lugers are everywhere, condition affects value immensely.

I agree on the value of the accessories. Even the roughest but complete and shootable Luger goes for $800 to $1000 these days, so the package price is about right but I wouldn't call it a bargain.

If you want a shooter, this is way too much. For a shooter, the accessories are likely immaterial, you may be able to sell them off for post-market ones and recoup a little.

If you want a place holder, it isn't really a great presentable one and still too expensive although selling the accessories may help ease the pain.

If you want a collectible, this ain't it.

Don't get hooked on the 'black widow' name, the Germans never called them that, it was a marketing ploy. It is really a gray ragged owl anyway.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. It is not likely to be one you would show off to others and you would have trouble selling it at anything like that price.

It looks like it was dug up. Unless you just need this particular one for some reason, I’d pass. Lugers are painfully common, it’s just that Americans have made them expensive because of some weird fetish we’ve had over them for the past 100 years.

Thanks guys... I’m a condition and originality collector so this definitely doesn’t fit the former

Was thinking could flip just the pistol minus mags and grips (add a set of wood reproductions) come out ahead

Either way probably not worth the effort

Not sure if anyone has already said this, but the condition of the mags doesn't match the gun. I'd be afraid they were repos.

definitely looks dug the price is to high for a shooter and that"s all it is, also it has been cleaned and attempt to restore. in the one picture looks like some took a file to the side

keep the rig as is

do not buy repro or after market junk, it just encourages the fakers

offer $ 700

Come on guys, that gun was not dug out of the ground. It looks like any other used and abused gun that was allowed to rust and then over-cleaned and buffed to remove active rust and pitting. And he's not going to get that rig for $700 either. It's not a primo collectible for sure, but be realistic. There are no $700 Lugers anymore, especially with an original holster and accessories.

Come on guys, that gun was not dug out of the ground. It looks like any other used and abused gun that was allowed to rust and then over-cleaned and buffed to remove active rust and pitting. And he's not going to get that rig for $700 either. It's not a primo collectible for sure, but be realistic. There are no $700 Lugers anymore, especially with an original holster and accessories.

Never offer going rate especially if the pistol is toast, wow the holster and access. well without looking at it in person , I wonder how many coats of picards or saddle soap , un marked tools aren't that spendy, mags are all over, not the expensive.

I have dug parts that look better than that pistol, doesn't matter if its dug or not, the result is the same

this is a train wreck

Military Rifle Journal
Back