Third Party Press

HNSaInn4 depot rebuilt on a Amberg 1917

wolfgolf96

Howdy y’all! Picked up this rifle from a buddy who needed some cash to buy a 1911. Slowly learning by reading Karabiner 98 K so I took him up on this modified Gew 98. From my understanding, it started out as a Gewehr 98 and missed the 1920 roll mark. The EWB mark is present but the stock is not the original stock due to corrected butt-plate and mismatched bayonet lug. However, the rifle did receive the S/42G update in 1935. From here it looks like at some point it made its way to depot HNSaInn4 for repairs. Perhaps a new stock? Maybe a Firing pin as well as it is not matching but the other bolt parts are. The hand guard is a DOT as well.

Please feel free to chime in if I am incorrect or missing any info.

Anyway after hostilities it looks like a war trouphy as it has no import marks and a duffle cut. However who ever did this glued the forend to the hand guard. Any ideas on how to separate them.

Thanks,

Wolfgolf96

I like it. I feel like the inn4 marked guns are some kind of last ditch effort to arm Volkssturm units. You see so many different type of arms. I’m assuming the from band doesn’t match, it’s Argentine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. I feel like the inn4 marked guns are some kind of last ditch effort to arm Volkssturm units. You see so many different type of arms. I’m assuming the from band doesn’t match, it’s Argentine.

It is.

Looking for a correct band as of now. A band with a fraktur and ground parade hook would be correct from what a friend told me.

I don’t know, I have several depot marked one’s that still have the hook. I’d find a ww1 band that matches, should be doable with ww1 being 2 digits

I feel like the inn4 marked guns are some kind of last ditch effort to arm Volkssturm units. You see so many different type of arms.

You might be on to something there, Mike! I've had the same observations, and agree there seems to be more variety with this stamp than other depots.

Pat

Military Rifle Journal
Back