Third Party Press

ugly bnz45 Volkssturm rifle

Standard bent bolt, and fully machined gas shroud. A bit different from usual late Steyr production, especially a vk.

The bolt shroud gives the impression of being a WW1 armorers part or a salvaged one. Hard to be sure without having it in hand.

The bolt shroud gives the impression of being a WW1 armorers part or a salvaged one. Hard to be sure without having it in hand.

A friend of mine has one that has an unnumbered armorers bolt in it, very early production. Interestingly that same rifle has a very early armorers front sight on it as well. Still trying to get that one from him..

A VK98 has its own unique front sight, never saw one built differently.

That was a first one for me too. No reason to doubt that rifle. That front sight base is extremely early pattern, without cuts for the sight hood, plus it is unnumbered (so never was on a rifle), but still carries the S/42 markings as does the armorers bolt without any serial. Hence I have absolutely no reason to doubt it.

That was a first one for me too. No reason to doubt that rifle. That front sight base is extremely early pattern, without cuts for the sight hood, plus it is unnumbered (so never was on a rifle), but still carries the S/42 markings as does the armorers bolt without any serial. Hence I have absolutely no reason to doubt it.

You don’t doubt it because it has armorers parts? I would doubt it more, it’s very easy to put an unnumbered armorers bolt in a rifle. Anyway, speculation without seeing the rifle. But, again I’ve never seen a legit vk98 with armorers parts used in construction, I’m open to learning more about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see it .....

I've told you that the rifle with the armorers parts it isn't my rifle (yet) - have not got the owner to sell it to me. Once it is mine, and I'm sure it once will be mine, I'll post pictures.

I've now added all pictures to the starting post, including a picture of the trigger guard. Now it should make a better reference for users in here.

Military Rifle Journal
Back