Third Party Press

cnx Rg 34 - Thanks pwcosol!

Zeppelin5000

Picked up this beautiful mid-war cnx kit from pwcosol here on the forum. I'm glad to finally have a correct German issue kit compared to the Portuguese one I posted a while back ;-)

Attachments

• 20200719_160226.jpg
    20200719_160226.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200719_160409.jpg
    20200719_160409.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200719_160237.jpg
    20200719_160237.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200719_160356.jpg
    20200719_160356.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200719_160341.jpg
    20200719_160341.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200719_160429.jpg
    20200719_160429.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200719_160446.jpg
    20200719_160446.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200719_160502.jpg
    20200719_160502.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200719_160525.jpg
    20200719_160525.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200719_160541.jpg
    20200719_160541.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 42
I still don't own one. Looks like a nice piece of kit. Original paint on the can? Original mops? Congrats and thanks for posting! These guys have some great stuff.

I still don't own one. Looks like a nice piece of kit. Original paint on the can? Original mops? Congrats and thanks for posting! These guys have some great stuff.

I believe the paint is original and the mops are too. I haven’t taken them out, but they are still oily. And yes, guys here have awesome stuff! This is the one place I feel comfortable purchasing German items/equipment. If you’re still looking for a kit, I know pwcosol has more. A nicely complied list actually. Hit him up if you want, you might find something nice!

I also just received a matching mid war cnx kit. From a different source mind you. Marked the exact same. I also have those little linty strings in bottom, but mine has grease as well. You can almost see a thumbprint in the grease!

Nice kit!

79915FD9-283E-4394-A825-D0A3697BBF58.jpg86373DBD-E3E4-459F-B834-08C1CCC84F75.jpg

Again congrats! And thanks for the tip. I got some great bayos and a nice Spreewerk P.38 here and you're right. The stuff was as good or better than expected and NO nonsense.

I also just received a matching mid war cnx kit. From a different source mind you. Marked the exact same. I also have those little linty strings in bottom, but mine has grease as well. You can almost see a thumbprint in the grease!

Nice kit!

View attachment 242365View attachment 242366

Nice! I might have grease in mine too, I just haven’t taken anything out of the bottom half to investigate. I’ll have to look! I was wondering what that gauze looking stuff was.... might be a separated between the grease and mops?

Again congrats! And thanks for the tip. I got some great bayos and a nice Spreewerk P.38 here and you're right. The stuff was as good or better than expected and NO nonsense.

:thumbsup:

It’s a good feeling knowing that you don’t have to worry about getting something that isn’t correct! And it’s pretty much a one-stop-shop for anything WWII that you might be looking for.

Picked up this beautiful mid-war cnx kit from pwcosol here on the forum. I'm glad to finally have a correct German issue kit compared to the Portuguese one I posted a while back ;-)

Zep:
Knew you would like the kit!

heavy_mech said: "I still don't own one. Looks like a nice piece of kit. Original paint on the can? Original mops?..."

Paint and cleaning patches are original. The yellow pad came in the tin and I left it in. However, I do not believe that one piece is of WW2 origin. I have observed this same pad in several other kits (have a few myself)...from new to well used condition. When WW2 ended, large amounts of German heavy equipment was destroyed, but other material (like field gear, etc.) was considered potentially useful. This material was gathered up, warehoused and administered by the Allied occupation forces. However, to help establish stability, the police forces were built up substantially in post-war W. Germany. Ultimately, the German Police Presidium was formed, given charge and protection of this material.

With communism right next door in East Germany, the need for a new W. German Army was apparent, and the Bundeswehr was formed. In storage were many thousands of Rg34s...some of which were used by W. German forces, but many others just stayed in storage until they were no longer needed. All were ultimately sold as surplus via the Police Presidium starting in the 1970s.. The large cleaning pad was something that was added to many kits subsequently...likely when they were inventoried and/or issued out to various German police districts, before eventually being phased out.

Lastly, regarding the ugly grease found in the patch compartment, most of this is likely from post-WW2 reissue or a kit commandeered by a USGI and put to use in the field during the war. A tin full of grease was not a issue item. However, the patch compartment was often used to accommodate a number of other items like a shortened toothbrush for scrubbing, additional patches, rubber muzzel-cover, etc. The "bore-mops" sometimes get a bit oily, but that is usually due to a leaky oiler loosing it's contents.

Last edited:
Zep:
Knew you would like the kit!

heavy_mech said: "I still don't own one. Looks like a nice piece of kit. Original paint on the can? Original mops?..."

Paint and cleaning patches are original. The yellow pad came in the tin and I left it in. However, I do not believe that one piece is of WW2 origin. I have observed this same pad in several other kits (have a few myself)...from new to well used condition. When WW2 ended, large amounts of German heavy equipment was destroyed, but other material (like field gear, etc.) was considered potentially useful. This material was gathered up, warehoused and administered by the Allied occupation forces. However, to help establish stability, the police forces were built up substantially in post-war W. Germany. Ultimately, the German Police Presidium was formed, given charge and protection of this material.

With communism right next door in East Germany, the need for a new W. German Army was apparent, and the Bundeswehr was formed. In storage were many thousands of Rg34s...some of which were used by W. German forces, but many others just stayed in storage until they were no longer needed. All were ultimately sold as surplus via the Police Presidium starting in the 1970s.. The large cleaning pad was something that was added to many kits subsequently...likely when they were inventoried and/or issued out to various German police districts, before eventually being phased out.

Lastly, regarding the ugly grease found in the patch compartment, most of this is likely from post-WW2 reissue or a kit commandeered by a USGI and put to use in the field during the war. A tin full of grease was not a issue item. However, the patch compartment was often used to accommodate a number of other items like a shortened toothbrush for scrubbing, additional patches, rubber muzzel-cover, etc. The "bore-mops" sometimes get a bit oily, but that is usually due to a leaky oiler loosing it's contents.

Great information! And thanks again!

A very nice kit !!!
Notice the external dot markings on both sides of the Behälter due to spot welding to fix the internal separation sheet.

Antoni

A very nice kit !!!
Notice the external dot markings on both sides of the Behälter due to spot welding to fix the internal separation sheet.

Antoni

Ah yes! I saw those but didn't think they were spot weld marks. Just thought the were small dents!

Hello,
I would like to ask why there are no reenforcment groves present?
Isn’t it common practice to add them on the cnx cans?
Kind regards

I would like to ask why there are no reenforcment groves present?

Appel kits do not have the retention groves. The internal divider piece is held in place by spot welding as noted above. Only the behälter cans produced by Hawig and Mundlos have the retention groves to the body.

Appel kits do not have the retention groves. The internal divider piece is held in place by spot welding as noted above. Only the behälter cans produced by Hawig and Mundlos have the retention groves to the body.
That explains
Thanks!

Military Rifle Journal
Back