Third Party Press

Another Questionable zf 41, tomfoolery=> SOS => proxy bid => Gunbroker

Bob in OHIO

Bruce brought this one up...

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...yf44-ZF41-from-one-of-our-favorite-GB-sellers

There's another zf-41 from Borsigwalde currently on GB... and I know the history. This one was offered to me locally and I declined. Next, it went to SOS 2019 and didn't sell, then was recently moved through a local auction house. Hammer price was 3800+ but you gotta add the 15-20% juice... so at least $4300 for the buyer.

I watched it sell in person (but multiple digital proxy platforms were active too). After the sale, I approached a chap who was bidding from the floor. I thought he had dodged a bullet, but he in fact did purchase. I had spoken to this same gentleman ~2 years earlier after he had bought 2-3 Mausers that were bad. He said the same thing both times when told the guns had issues... He wasn't too concerned (a bit disappointed perhaps).... but that he was a dealer, and on balance would make money. Okay, I guess, but I watched him flip a 33/40 that lost money. The current seller is a top 100 GB seller, so he surely is making money... just a big first step to take on a bad zf hoping to make a few shekels.... To his credit, he does mention the bolt being forced matched, but he doesn't mention the front band etc... I will be watching where it ends.

The original owner is known. I was warned of his work about 20 years ago. This guy does have some legit items for sure, but caveat emptor as always.

Probably best not to link here, but you all can certainly find on GB if interested.

ps: The auction house makes 15-20% from the consignment and another 15-20% on the premium... so someone made $$

figured out how to extract pics ... Doesn't seem period done to me...

Attachments

• Bad.zf.01.jpg
    Bad.zf.01.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Bad.zf.02.jpg
    Bad.zf.02.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Bad.zf.03.jpg
    Bad.zf.03.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 51
  • Bad.zf.04.jpg
    Bad.zf.04.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Bad.zf.05.jpg
    Bad.zf.05.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Bad.zf.06.jpg
    Bad.zf.06.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Bad.zf.07.jpg
    Bad.zf.07.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 42
The madness stopped at $3500 and change....

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/874619170

Wonder if all the newbie bidders were serious or other....

Well Bob one does wonder however 'Wiglpi' is a newish (3+ years) quasi-flipper and he was in at $3400 so that tells me he thought he could get even more with the proper presentation? Like Pre has those droid accounts that just hit BIN no matter the price it seems and they appear almost instantly on his site at even higher prices. It really is crazy out there.

Military Rifle Journal
Back