Third Party Press

Cyq p38

banjomike

I purchased a CYQ P38 with holster and extra mag today. Serial Number 7046 P. No capture papers but it came with a old tag that said The name of the soldier and that it was from Linz Austria May 1st 1945. The pistol came from the Vets Father. Army Air Force. Would someone please date the pistol for me please? Thank you. Banjomike

I purchased a CYQ P38 with holster and extra mag today. Serial Number 7046 P. No capture papers but it came with a old tag that said The name of the soldier and that it was from Linz Austria May 1st 1945. The pistol came from the Vets Father. Army Air Force. Would someone please date the pistol for me please? Thank you. Banjomike

I am pretty sure that the Spreewerke P block is from May 1944

Mid to Late May 1944 according to the chart.

Off the top of my head, Linz was taken on May 4th/5th by the 11th armored.

Post some pictures please. I notice these late Spreewerks have very interesting tool mark patterns on the slide and maybe even some rejected stamped parts (asterisk). P38 was probably surrendered from a kid or an old man.

Military Rifle Journal
Back