Third Party Press

(DOT) Brunn wooden stock types and years of transition.

Hello all!
What were the wooden stock types coming out of the DOT armory in 1943?
From what I am picking up is that it looks like 1943 was a transitional year from Walnut to Laminet?
Enlighten me my comrades...PROST!...:happy0180:

33/40 was walnut in 1940-41, then laminate started in ‘42 at Brunn. Then, k98 production started in ‘43 with laminate too. The walnut in 1943 was only sparingly used about mid production.... therefore, the majority of Brunn production (dot) after 1941 was with lam stocks.

Red and white glue were found throughout 43-45. I have the impression that red is slightly more common, especially in '43, but to be safe they're probably equally as likely. As for overall stock color, you can find Brunn stocks with anything from full stain, light to dark brown all the way to entirely unstained, blonde and raw. And anything in between. Stained is more likely in '43 but raw becomes more and more prevalent getting into 1944 and '45. There are examples with a light amount of stain, which appear yellowish white like the raw unfinished stocks, but are smooth and have been finished lightly.

Basically, any cupped buttplate laminate stock you find in the wild could be a representative piece.

Military Rifle Journal
Back