Third Party Press

Thread: Some questions regarding my Gewehr 98

Forum Newbie

Default Some questions regarding my Gewehr 98

Hi everyone! I recently acquired this Gewehr 98 from a local gunsmith, although I am interested in finding out more about its origin, I have a few questions regarding the logistics...
    - It seems difficult to find the stripper clips specifically for G98; would I be able to feed with Kar98 stripper clips? Or is the stripper clip specific to the rifle?
    - I tried to fit a couple of different brands of 7.92x57mm ammo, there was only one brand that worked; it was PPU. I wonder if you have similar experiences?
    Thank you all in advance!
    Max

IMG_20200728_102919.jpgIMG_20200728_103013.jpgIMG_20200728_103932.jpg

In theory the clips should be interchangeable, at least for original German strippers.
    This looks like a pretty cool old Gewehr. How about posting photos of all of it's markings.

For information of origins and probable history, you are going to have to do more pictures, specifically the top-right-left receiver markings, possibly the barrel markings and most of all any stock markings (if these parts match one another). If a WMO/16 the combination of finish and the original rear sight could be a sign of problems.

Being new you may have some restrictions on picture posting but try doing them in a series of posts, otherwise not much can be said with 3 pictures that show little details of markings (markings tell you the origins, history and how original the rifle is)