Third Party Press

Thread: Portuguese Contract Bayos on Ebay

Default Portuguese Contract Bayos on Ebay

There is a seller on Ebay who has a few Portuguese Contract bayonets. They are all buy it now listings. I do not think any of them had scabbards. They are in fair condition at best and none of the ones I looked at were trashed. The seller is t.r.-west . I could not get a link to work so here is one of the Ebay item numbers, 224018537919 . Maybe a mod could post a link to these. IMO I think they are over priced but.....
    " Hey, I got it from a long time dealer in Third Reich militaria years ago, so you know it`s real." Over heard comment at a table.

Quote Originally Posted by grimlin13 View Post
    There is a seller on Ebay who has a few Portuguese Contract bayonets. IMO I think they are over priced but.....
    Everything I saw in his militaria line is quite overpriced. Portuguese M37 contract bayonet(s) in pictured condition sans scabbards...$40-$50 max. However, whom would even want one for that unless maybe they had a correct scabbard acquired for next to nothing? Few collectors see any real desirability in these unless they are in exceptional condition with a proper or matching (in the case of the M1941 contract bayonets) scabbard.

Thanks for the insight PWC. Much appreciated.

The bayos are way overprice for what they are. The only exception would be if there happened to be one that matched my M937 rifle.
    -Peter

wtb: bnz single claw sniper scope with rings.

"History is always written by the victor and the histories of the losing parties belong to the shrinking circle of those who were there" Jochen Peiper.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter S View Post
    The bayos are way overprice for what they are. The only exception would be if there happened to be one that matched my M937 rifle.
    Your only exception is the only reason I said anything about these bayonets. Thought there might be a chance someone on here could find a bayo for their rifle.
    " Hey, I got it from a long time dealer in Third Reich militaria years ago, so you know it`s real." Over heard comment at a table.

Ebay number is not correct, anyway a portuguese Mo937 were longtime underestimated, when matching and good condition so most real about 100 worth.b.r.Andy