Third Party Press

HT Zielsechs

I am looking for a pictures of Zielsechs high turret and low turret rifles.

Are you wanting Period photo ??? or do you want just HT & LT Rifles with Zielsechs?? I know of only one LT Scope & Rings thats Original and its pictured in Robert Spielauer`s Book . There is a Picture of Turret Rifle with Zielsechs but impossible to verify if the Rifle and Scope are Original or Not . It`s impossible to know whether this Turret Rifle is a LT or HT from the limited pics . The Turret Rifle in The K98K Rifle Book which I mention is from Propaganda Series and the Rifle is housed at Koblenz Museum .

Maybe other members have such photos and maybe willing to share them . The ones I mention are the only ones I am aware of . Hopefully this help You a little .

Yes this is the Rifle in the Book that I referred too , The K98k Rifle . I saw this particular Rifle on one of my visits to Germany a good friend and board member gave me a Grand Tour of most all the Military Museums in Germany . It was not possible to determine if this piece was Original or a PW mock up

I have never seen a Period photo showing a Turret Rifle with Zielsechs , not saying none exist , just saying I have never seen one in my 20+ years of collecting German Sniper photos .

I have never seen a Period photo showing a Turret Rifle with Zielsechs , not saying none exist , just saying I have never seen one in my 20+ years of collecting German Sniper photos .

Exactly, and that is why I started this thread. Maybe someone has period photo evidence regarding this matter.

Exactly, and that is why I started this thread. Maybe someone has period photo evidence regarding this matter.

I did mention that there is Pics of a Zeiss Zielsechs LT Scope & Rings in Robert Spielauer`s Book , I know that this Set is Original . This Set proves the Zielsechs were used on and with Low Turret Rifles . I have no idea whether or not the Zeiss Zielsechs were used in conjunction with High Turret Rifles , IMHO I suspect they did as these Zeiss Zielsech`s were also used on/with SSR and LSR`s so why not the High Turret Rifles !!!! Thats just my opinion , I have no proof to back my opinion .

Maybe another member has such info they wish to share on this particular/specific subject ????

I did mention that there is Pics of a Zeiss Zielsechs LT Scope & Rings in Robert Spielauer`s Book , I know that this Set is Original . This Set proves the Zielsechs were used on and with Low Turret Rifles . I have no idea whether or not the Zeiss Zielsechs were used in conjunction with High Turret Rifles , IMHO I suspect they did as these Zeiss Zielsech`s were also used on/with SSR and LSR`s so why not the High Turret Rifles !!!! T

I've got a pre-war commercial P.Kohler Berlin 6x59 scope that I intend getting fitted to a very miss-matched Russian Capture (pre-war BLM receiver and barrel) and is a good shooter, and will probably use a Low Turret mount.....so as to use in vintage scoped comps.

Hello,

my only proof that Zeiss Zielsechs LT exits, and its not pretty : (

later
Vaughn

Attachments

• k-Bild%20020.jpg
    k-Bild%20020.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 70

Military Rifle Journal
Back