Third Party Press

dot 44 Turd...Up To $1075 (!)

pzjgr

EOD - bombs and bullets
Another member asked me about this one..wow, what a turd...I mean, it is what it is, but read the description, total BS...

"Fine, late war production K98k by Waffenwerke Brunn...this Mauser was manufactured at the Brno arms factory during the final full year of the Second World War, for issue to the German Wehrmacht. A largely correct example, the features include a 24" round barrel, late pattern bolt assembly, milled barrel and H-bands, late war stamped trigger guard and floorplate, and furniture of laminated Beech capped by flat buttplate. Having no sign of post-war service, the markings include the 'dot/1944' identifier on the receiver ring, unmarred Eagle/Acceptance(Swaztika) proofs, matching numbers on the barrel, barrel band, bolt components(shroud, handle and cocking piece) and floor plate, and Eagle/63 inspector stamps or Waffenamts on the receiver, bolt handle and right side of the stock. The buttplate and bayonet boss are notably numbered to a different rifle, with Eagle/26 codes identifying Borsigwalde as the maker, as is the rear sight slider, the riser of which is coded for Gustloff Werks, and the barrel is coded Eagle/359 for Walther with the inspector mark in front of the serial number separated by a small Eagle/Swaztika firing proof. Notably, the barrel serial number appears to be in a different font, and the gun may have been rebarreled at some point. Also present is a re-work star on the cocking piece(identifying that component as rejected and reworked during production) and the light lacquer finish on the stock suggests that the rifle saw attention by an arsenal or unit armorer prior to the war's conclusion. Additionally, the rear screw on the trigger guard is a non-matching replacement. Lacking an import mark, the rifle is a candidate for having been shipped home as a GI's war trophy and the gun appears to remain in as-issued condition. A striking example of the iconic K98k, this rifle would be a superb addition to any advanced Mauser collection."

Note advanced "streamliner" technology on the stock and handguard, absolutely no sharp edges to cut your hands, and to help it glide through the air with ease, along with the smooth, boned finish, again, reducing drag and allowing for smooth running at the front. Stamps in buttstock are in late war low-viz camo, so as not to draw attention.

Regular worker was taking a break when the s/n was stamped on barrel, so the Russian POW stand in used the handy dandy stamps in his pocket to number it...

I think Shooter Ike is writing the copy for these guys....

Seriously, what mental midget is paying $1075 for this?? I should sell him some of my bolt mismatches, should be able to get at least $3k for them...

Attachments

• pix300965631.jpg
    pix300965631.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 127
  • pix192891342.jpg
    pix192891342.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 129
  • pix156209318.jpg
    pix156209318.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 95
  • pix149241431.jpg
    pix149241431.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 99
  • pix087002566.jpg
    pix087002566.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 94
  • pix362735501.jpg
    pix362735501.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 88
  • pix365196125.jpg
    pix365196125.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 99
  • pix445793138.jpg
    pix445793138.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 92
  • pix477974181.jpg
    pix477974181.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 95
  • pix422699852.jpg
    pix422699852.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 104
Last pics...

Attachments

• pix490396643.jpg
    pix490396643.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 49
  • pix589103342.jpg
    pix589103342.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 71
  • pix598143999.jpg
    pix598143999.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 47
  • pix719514913.jpg
    pix719514913.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 50
  • pix792701848.jpg
    pix792701848.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 76
  • pix831916882.jpg
    pix831916882.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 54
Found a picture of most GunBroker bidders right now with no knowledge or any desire to learn anything. It really is shocking how people will throw thousands of dollars at an item and know zero about it.

Attachments

• brainlet-sips-brainlet-juice.jpg
    brainlet-sips-brainlet-juice.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 24
Oh geez,

I don’t feel bad for these people anymore. There’s so many problems with this specimen that it ain’t even funny.

One caveat however, the front band specifically wasn’t such a defining factor here at first glance, at least to me. As I understand, Brunn began utilizing un-numbered armorers parts in 1944, later in the year. I was expecting to see a late stamped (although rare) H band with the weld seam but this isn’t the case. If it was such a band I’d be more inclined to legitimize it. To me, it looks like an obviously incorrect and humped rear band and an incorrect front band thrown together, as is the entire rifle IMO.

I hope the dummy that picks this up brings their new “prize” here and gets smoked, both for comedic value and for the sake of their knowledge.

Hmm... I thought this looked familiar... This rifle already sold once before...

Is it fair game to link an ended auction of a rifle that has been relisted?
This one, in fact...

Some odd rumblings here.

Hmm... I thought this looked familiar... This rifle already sold once before...

Is it fair game to link an ended auction of a rifle that has been relisted?
This one, in fact...

Some odd rumblings here.

Yep, ended auctions can be posted, and if it leads to humping discovery, so much the better...seller is known for shenanigans...if you can please save original auction pics and post them so we have a record, once the auction link disappears, so do the pics, but if we post them here, we have a record.

Ah, I found a watchlist email regarding the item from when it was listed previously.
Had to see how shiny some poor fool thought this POS is.

I even saw some Mitchell's Mausers on the Rock Island Auction site. In a lot of 4 mausers estimated at less than $2,000.
Yet on GB you got sad saps buying single MMs for $2,000+ :facepalm:

Here is the link to the previously ENDED auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871873943

Ah, I found a watchlist email regarding the item from when it was listed previously.
Had to see how shiny some poor fool thought this POS is.

I even saw some Mitchell's Mausers on the Rock Island Auction site. In a lot of 4 mausers estimated at less than $2,000.
Yet on GB you got sad saps buying single MMs for $2,000+ :facepalm:

Here is the link to the previously ENDED auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871873943

Holy shite, same rifle, same seller, ended with 39 bids and at $2,375???

Shill bidding or buyer realized he was scammed...

..39 bids and at $2,375???

..buyer realized he was scammed...

I'm going with the latter in this case. I'm guessing some of these guys are doing some basic research AFTER they've already bid and/or 'won' and then the light bulb goes on. Not in all cases of course but it must be happening some of the time.

UnCommonwealth is good for some wordy ridiculousness quite often. Even comical at times. Also watch out for the huge dark shadows in his photos. Mike spotted one a couple years ago with a huge glob of filler hiding in those same shadows but oddly no mention in the description despite 300 words worth.

Last edited:
read the description and how its worded

he is a follower of this site, looking for the gullible and he found them on GB

Up to $1,525 now! Holy smokes, and with 8 days to go. What is going on with people over there on GB???

Just saw an M1917 Enfield sell for $1,725. Totally unreal to me.

It's comical to think that during a pandemic and economic uncertainty people have no money - unless it's to dump on old guns.

..people have no money - unless it's to dump on old guns.

Well let's be honest... a lot of people haven't paid rent in months (saw maybe 10 days ago it was up to $21 bil). Not getting political but many are treating this shite like a crackhead found a hundo on the ground. Serious.

With all the available places to vet an item before bidding on it, I have zero sympathy for the idiots who get screwed .......

Post all the links and post screen shots of the awkshun or this thread is of no use in about 60 days. Also, list the K98k by code date and serial so a google search will find it: 98k dot 44 263 . This is a pimpshined disaster. It's worth about $600 if it headspaces and has a mint bore.

Previous auction and "bidding" history:

dot 44 ad 1.JPGdot 44 bids.JPG

Last edited:
Link and screen shot of current auction and bidders or it didn’t happen ;)

Military Rifle Journal
Back