Third Party Press

4k 42 1939

to be honest Id rather have a minty 29o over a k98 but that's just personal preference.

There are many facets to this discussion most sides of the argument have merit.. But, at the end of the day what someone spends for something is truly their business and their business alone.

mauser99 I do agree a person can spend their money as they choose and that is their business, however it can have impact on prices and value for the entire community. Especially now that online auctions are used by some as a reference for value.
As prices go up it will be increasing difficult for young folks to get in the hobby and for some of us to add to our collections.
Take a look at transferable MGs. For the most part a very expensive collecting area to get in created by laws that have eliminated new supply. In the k98 or imperial rifle collecting world we are not as limited by laws as the MGs but the supply is finite. How long before k98 prices get to the point of being on par with MG prices? Would you rather get a couple of k98s or an MP40 or perhaps a Maxim?

Well, it ain't my money. And I can remember, not that long ago, when $1,000.00 rifle was BIG MONEY. If you want something that bad, buy it. Anyway this is a hobby, spend as you wish, but remember you may not get your money back when you sell the item. Buyer's remorse is common in our hobby.

I guess the real question is who here has a 42 1939 with a nice walnut stock that is as good or better than the one i bought and would sell it for less than 3500? I already sent the check out so shes mine.

This is what i sold for 2700 dollars to help justify the rifle. My interest has changed from aks to k98k and just like k98s you can have 10s of thousands wrapped up in all the details. I made 900 on the kit after storing it in my closet for four years. From my perspective ive got about a 3k in the rifle. I still have my prize possesion ak stuff and now im gonna have this rifle to go along side it for years to come if all goes well.

Attachments

• 20200720_220709.jpg
    20200720_220709.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 45
I guess the real question is who here has a 42 1939 with a nice walnut stock that is as good or better than the one i bought and would sell it for less than 3500? I already sent the check out so shes mine.
I'm going to say more than a few.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It is not a 1939 but here is my 1939 Luft.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 45

Ferlach, I remember being at the big Dallas Militaria Collectors show in 1993 during setup and seeing a beautiful 42/1939 e/L I wanted. The price tag was $750 and I laughed and said the day I pay that for a K98k I’ll quit collecting them. I wish I would have bought it now as I’ve paid several times that for codes / dates less desirable. :happy0180:

Ferlach, I remember being at the big Dallas Militaria Collectors show in 1993 during setup and seeing a beautiful 42/1939 e/L I wanted. The price tag was $750 and I laughed and said the day I pay that for a K98k I’ll quit collecting them. I wish I would have bought it now as I’ve paid several times that for codes / dates less desirable. :happy0180:

Yes sir. That was a lot of money back then even though i was only 4.

I mean, it seems like a lot but isn’t really. Good guns have been going up. And starting with a nice 1939 42 rifle is probably not going to happen often. Most guys cut their teeth on the more common codes. And there is plenty of room and rifles for guys to get good starts with the common codes. That’s how I started.

I received the rifle today and holy smokes the thing is better in person than it was in the pictures. I also got a 655 muzzle cover with it and a sling.

Military Rifle Journal
Back