Third Party Press

Inquiry: Need info on a K98

That’s good stuff K98kdave :happy0180:

Agreed Ham!

Dave I've also picked up some rifles that had questionable work done over the last x decades. I know some of those will/might never get back to what they should be. Probably the most tragic in my eyes is a t block odd-size laminate stock that someone just HAD to remove about half the stock with a belt sander. So sad. :facepalm:

Still a worthy endeavor if you really love these without any thoughts of profit. Cheers sir and keep fixing them!

Agreed Ham!

Dave I've also picked up some rifles that had questionable work done over the last x decades. I know some of those will/might never get back to what they should be. Probably the most tragic in my eyes is a t block odd-size laminate stock that someone just HAD to remove about half the stock with a belt sander. So sad. :facepalm:

Still a worthy endeavor if you really love these without any thoughts of profit. Cheers sir and keep fixing them!

Thanks,

Yes I have seen some just make me shake my head and ask What were they thinking?

Actually those that I have parted with in the past were what I would call say break even's money wise, time spent doesn't equate for me. Seems to be harder to find decent stocks that are not all sanded and re numbered up. There is a guy on ebay with some but he will not sell to the U.S. Still looking for a laminate flat plate on the trader.
Have one complete walnut one left with very faint Weimar and a factory repair to the heel. Its also slightly warped when looking down the barrel channel but still useable if i find a project that would be right for it

Military Rifle Journal
Back