Third Party Press

Another unit marking question

Warrior1354

ax - hole
A good friend of mine has been having some amazing luck lately acquired another interesting 98a carbine and we're having a hard time deciphering the unit marking can anyone hear care to elaborate. It's a very nice pre-war 09 dated carbine. My first thought was a Dragoon unit but I don't think I'm right. Thanks

Attachments

• output(5).jpg
    output(5).jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 48
I'm hoping we could possibly work out a trade deal on this one one day I don't have a unit marked carbine in my collection and I got a good idea what this is.

Attachments

• output(10).jpg
    output(10).jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 35
2. Kavallerie-Division, 4th Squadron (or Regiment)

The second, 4. Funker-Telegraphen-Abteilung?

I'm not a hundred percent sure of that would be the one I don't think it's Calvary Ryan. And from the second picture of the other unit marking I believe it's a Jaeger unit. He has another one that is unit marked to a telegraph unit. The big cursive letter f is a clear indicator of it. But this one on the other hand is a big cursive letter J.

I’ll add some photos from Gortz in a bit. T, F and J are nearly identical and almost require a look at the following characters in the unit mark to know which is which. I mess those two up all the time.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back