Third Party Press

Number humping?

It’s a number humped sh!tshow unless the French did all that in the postwar rework.

It’s had some work done, that’s for sure. I’m no expert on French rebuilds of K98s but it has some “unoriginal” non-German numbers on it.
4305fa8fd54651f14b0e173910ad5732.jpg
cf791446ff4b57e8e6aae67eea1ee193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks to me that the numbering has been done poorly enough to be a legitimate French rework. It looks also like maybe the scarce bcd/ar barreled action could be rescued, but it might cost more than it would be worth since most of the other parts are ruined. I don't know if it's your kind of project Dave.
:sorry:

Last edited:
Strange not a mention of the French post-war work? All the blah, blah is German this or German that. This seller has been discussed before.

It looks to me that the numbering has been done poorly enough to be a legitimate French rework. It looks also like maybe the scarce bcd/ar barreled action could be rescued, but it might cost more than it would be worth since most of the other parts are ruined. I don't know if it's your kind of project Dave.
:sorry:

My thoughts. If I had to bet money on it I'd say postwar French rework. Certainly no foul in calling BS on it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back