Third Party Press

Polish depots during the interwar period

rockisle1903

Does anyone know if Poland , when they rebuilt a rifle, matched everything or just the stock, bolt, and barreled receiver after rebuild? Similar to the Imperial German period..Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

That's the question that bothers me also. I noticed that all earlier rifles till mid 30s have more parts numbered than the later ones. Knowing that would help to know if those rifles had parts numbered by Poles or by Germans. One thing I believe is than Mosin conversions had all, even small parts numbered during conversion. If they did, why not the Mausers?

Jack

That's the question that bothers me also. I noticed that all earlier rifles till mid 30s have more parts numbered than the later ones. Knowing that would help to know if those rifles had parts numbered by Poles or by Germans. One thing I believe is than Mosin conversions had all, even small parts numbered during conversion. If they did, why not the Mausers?

Jack
My thoughts are the Mosin’s were built as “new” due to the rechambering and new style bayonet mount and were Russian rifles. Whereas the Polish Mausers that were rebuilt by Poland were already manufactured by them and with interchangeable parts the matching of numbers on lesser components wasn’t as important to them. Just an opinion . Thanks for the reply. Mike

I'm not anywhere near an expert, but my 1930 K29 is all matching, but there is one piece "force matched," the firing pin. The bolt is also blued when I understand they were originally in the white. I don't know if any of this is indicative of Polish or German, just an observation that, at least this rifle, was getting the "attention to detail" approach, not the rapid/expedient later war methods.
de51f5132682442699a1ac16776bf2d7.jpg
cf0884ae3828bdbe490452e6aaaf2f5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back