Third Party Press

AC45 K43 Opinions?

0XlX0

Hey guys, never before owned a K43, I just started venturing into the German stuff after completing my Imperial Japanese collection. Found this one a gunboard, seller says everything is matching but the stock and wants 22 benjamins for it. My knowledge on the G43/K43 and it's value is limited so hoping some of you guys could help me out. Just off a hunch, feeling iiffy on this, condition seems too good for the price or am I mistaken?
k02.jpg
K03.jpg
K08.jpg
K11.jpg
K12.jpg
K13.jpg
K15.jpg

Attachments

• E17.jpg
    E17.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 64
stock looks to be a "fox" type repro.. if you want a shooter than its fine but, if you want a collector grade gun than no.

T99s, T38s, to K.43 is a bit step! Be careful, as there are many more land mines in the German obstacle course...

Stock seems to be a repro to me as well. The pictures aren't really that helpful. Going by the close up at the muzzle end Im thinking the metal may have been refinished... I may be off base though.

The serial number on the firing pin housing also looks pretty strange to me. Doesn't appear to be stamped or electropenciled.

Going off those pics I'd say shooter and not a collector piece. More pictures needed to know anything further tho.

Depends on what you want it for. Shooter, collector? It’s NOT a collector’s rifle. Like others have said on the stock. Mag also looks to have been re-done too.

boy I got blinded by the shiney got to make to rifles look shiney new. I would have walked from this in a heart beat and Im not even a K/g-43 collector

saw the 1873 colt on antiques road show last night, it was even in the custer range

to make it pretty for tv, they removed the patina, I almost cried

Thanks guys!

Thank you guys for all your help, here's the rest of the pictures I was able to come up with. Based off of what I've learned, probably going to pass on this one for now.
K12.jpg
K14.jpg
K15.jpg
K16.jpg
K17.jpg
K24.jpg
K26.jpg

Thank you guys for all your help, here's the rest of the pictures I was able to come up with. Based off of what I've learned, probably going to pass on this one for now.

I'm almost positive I saw this exact rifle for sale (with same pics) on GB from the infamous 'shnavel' seller. Def steer clear. Good luck with your search!

I'm almost positive I saw this exact rifle for sale (with same pics) on GB from the infamous 'shnavel' seller. Def steer clear. Good luck with your search!
correct. back in april.

OP
offer is reasonable but only for a shooter. if not walk. There is good one on GB untouched.

Military Rifle Journal
Back