Third Party Press

Helmet, medals, and more - What do I have here??

The owner of your Wehrpass was a WWI veteran. He served with Infanterie Regiment 369, 10th company. Very late in 1918, he was reported as MIA.
It should be mentioned in the Wehrpass as earlier service times.

The owner of your Wehrpass was a WWI veteran. He served with Infanterie Regiment 369, 10th company. Very late in 1918, he was reported as MIA.
It should be mentioned in the Wehrpass as earlier service times.

Thank you for that information, I'll take more photos of additional pages and post here......any other information on these items would be greatly appreciated!!

Yes, Knights Cross needs to be looked at by an expert. Probably fake, but very expensive if real.

Polizei Helmet looks nice.

I don’t like the decals on the helmet. Mid and late police decals were “bordered”. This being a late quist, probably originally a no decal, makes it a good candidate to be upgraded with fake decals, increasing value by a factor of 3 or so.

Knights Crosses are very expensive when real. Also very hard to authenticate. Yours is a Knights Cross with Oak Leaves. That's even rare and more expensive. Be very careful.

Here is a M40 Quist Helmet Polizei Decal with Boarder. Your example is missing the boarder, which would be correct for A M35 model helmet but not a M40 model. With the questionable Knights Cross and bits and bods I would offer a couple $100 for the lot since it’s all a risk and at least the ID book is real.

http://www.german-ww2-helmet.com/432796290

Attachments

• 132FF95E-D1FA-4B50-AE8A-36D48782D71D.jpg
    132FF95E-D1FA-4B50-AE8A-36D48782D71D.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 26
The helmet has been messed with, the KC with swords and oakleaves is a reproduction, the EKII might be authentic but isn't in good condition.
The Wehrpaß is indeed authentic but you can buy an example like similar to this one for 20€ on a militaria show, if you spend 30€ more you can buy one from a soldier that saw combat in WW2.
A better quality EKII you can find online easily, I think every militaria website has at least one on offer.
What are you going to do with the helmet with the fake decals? It might be something for a reenactor.
To sum it up we are looking at the typical crap you find on the tables of an average militaria show, I would pass on it.

I appreciate the observations and have sent these photos to a few dealers who tell me that the helmet is the real deal and not a fake in their opinion.

The ribbon and oak leaf are reproduction and as cross that has no ribbon attached, but they are good reproductions and have some value.

I have an offer of $1,500 for all of this from one of the dealers and if they are offering that sum it means they will resell to someone else for a profit.

Thanks again and stay safe!!

If someone is offering your $1,500 for that, take their money and run. Then consider changing your email address and phone number. A real dealer should have more sense than that, and they are letting themselves get screwed.

If someone is offering your $1,500 for that, take their money and run. Then consider changing your email address and phone number. A real dealer should have more sense than that, and they are letting themselves get screwed.

Good advise!
And hope he or she pays you with authentic US Dollars and not reproductions.:laugh:

P

I have been on many forums over the years of collecting and I have to say that this one seems to be a bit harsh.......I find it odd that no one has asked to see additional close up photos of the items and any marking on these items to help authenticate or prove them to be reproductions/fakes.

Yes, I asked for your opinions but in my experience as a S&W, U.S. Military and Winchester/Marlin lever gun collector I always have inquired for information or photos that might give me more details to make a better determination.

Again, thank you for your time and keep your powder dry.

Tom

You got your answer from your dealer buddy, so collect your $1.500 and let him dump this reproduction sh!t on the market.

And btw, check my threads, I don't need extra images of a "grandpa WP" to know how one looks, I also have seen plenty of repro KC's so I know how they look and that is exactly like the one you posted and I'am not blind so, I can see the damage on the EKII from the images you provided.

Just another drive by guy wanting a free appraisal of some “treasure” and getting pissed because he wasn’t happy with the responses. Case closed!

Just another drive by guy wanting a free appraisal of some “treasure” and getting pissed because he wasn’t happy with the responses. Case closed!

Thanks all for the warm & fuzzy welcoming responses........Very surprised at the attitude especially from a moderator.

Of all the forums/groups I am a part of, I have NEVER treated a newbie in this manner.....none of us are too old to learn something and I was referred to this site from a long time member who lives in my area......but the welcome has been all but that.

Be well and stay safe out there......

Have a chance to purchase these items from a local widow and want to pay her a fair price or at least get an idea of value on these items.

I have an offer of $1,500 for all of this from one of the dealers and if they are offering that sum it means they will resell to someone else for a profit.

How can you offer something you do not own?
Fishing for stupid, greedy buyers in this forum?
Wrong place!

Tom, although I don't know you, you got a swift and well documented answer from me, see post #10; also other members replied quickly and answered your question, that you didn't like the answer isn't my problem.

From experience I can tell you most of the members here are advanced collectors, they don't keep themselves busy with EKII's in bad condition, repro KC's or helmets with reproduction decals, if you want a crash course in rubish 3R militaria to fill a table at your local militaria show my estimated guess is that you are at the wrong address here.

Have a good one,
Peter

Tom come on, this is one of the best forums out there for German Militaria and exceptional for K98's. As stated, there is a wealth of knowledge here, you could of posted more pictures yourself and asked further questions. Tom if you know what good US WWII equipment looks like and you see a knock off you do not need further pictures, the stuff you found is not that desirable so there you go. No one here treated you poorly, if you want to have your bell rung go to a Japanese Sword Forum and ask open ended questions with little research and see what happens.

Military Rifle Journal
Back