Third Party Press

Sporterized byf42 Value Question

Cool. Here in California any shootable sporter rifle goes for more.

Well there’s your problem, California is the exception that proves the rule I would never expect CA prices to be enforced anywhere besides Hawaii and Alaska. Cabelas does not advertise most used/modified guns on their website so it keeps them from getting picked over by the hoards of online “convenience at any price” crowds.

Well there’s your problem, California is the exception that proves the rule I would never expect CA prices to be enforced anywhere besides Hawaii and Alaska. Cabelas does not advertise most used/modified guns on their website so it keeps them from getting picked over by the hoards of online “convenience at any price” crowds.

Yes on both counts I believe. You could add a few other places to the list of areas where Milsurps are hard to find and expensive. For Cabelas it's like the new car dealer taking the turd to make a sale. They want to sell those new guns and figure they'll be able to dump it for the minimal amount they gave off that new rifle.

Must depend on the Cabelas. The Sparks one in Nevada was overpriced for the old stuff inthe past.

My initial quote of $250 comes from 5 years of rebuilding sporters, all of which are either matching bolts or mismatch bolts that match themselves up to and including this year with 2 bnz41 rebuilds. This rifle looks like the barrel was cut down to act as a sort of key to the stock. My new quote is $150 if the barrel is indeed cut down to key fit the stock.

The bolt in this rifle is worth $150, and you could recoup a good part of that by selling the Bishop sporter stock. At $250. each I would take a truck load of these

I'm second in line for it. If I get it, I'll put a byf43 red glue stock on it that I have on a real mixer pawn shop rescue. Here's a pic of it on the current rescue rifle, from Navaho pawn shop in Winslow, Arizona

Attachments

• 1531792909047.jpg
    1531792909047.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 30
The bolt in this rifle is worth $150, and you could recoup a good part of that by selling the Bishop sporter stock. At $250. each I would take a truck load of these

Yea.... A matching and complete barreled action for $250 is a fantasy. I’ll send him $250 plus shipping right now if he’s got a gun like this in his closet for sale.

That girl saw a lot of use prior to being put in the sporter stock. Not much wear on the blue where the wood use to be that you often see on sporters that got used a lot. If price is not crazy i would buy it since I have a couple spare stocks.

Same here, maybe a little north of that is reasonable, - what is shown is right, other than the barrel finish issue, but a full factory matched action should be worth at least $300-350 and would be the preferred shooter for me, though we live remote and we use and carry long rifles more than most. I keep shooter 98k & 98a around the out buildings just in case... this would be a perfect dual purpose rifle as is, but also a reasonable resto.

If you were looking to restore it, early gg-block are often walnut, luckily by this range most are laminate. Best news is by this range external serialing was dropped also, so easier to restore and look right.

$350.00 would seem reasonable to me IF the metal has matching numbers, original finish, and otherwise not dicked with.

Military Rifle Journal
Back