Third Party Press

Gone, but not forgotten

runner

John and I had discussed this rifle, he had quite an interest in Polish arms. I think having
provenance to him had a lot to do with the final selling price. I hope someone here
got this. I was in the hunt but it got too rich for me. His former avatar FN rifle is also up for auction.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876910117

Last edited:
Pretty neat markings on that one! I have seen a few of John's rifles posted by members on Gun Boards who had picked them up at auction knowing about the former owner. Seems Sreisel has gotten a number of them as well.

Pretty neat markings on that one! I have seen a few of John's rifles posted by members on Gun Boards who had picked them up at auction knowing about the former owner. Seems Sreisel has gotten a number of them as well.

Larry bought the entire collection at John's request literally days before John passed. It was a one time one set price all or nothing. And Larry still has a lot of Johns pieces on hand. There were a handful of incredible south American rifles in that horde - they went quick to people larry knew that were into such. Pieces such as the fake gew98 sniper given to my son were given out to friends by john before he passed. He really was a great guy to talk to.

Damn, that’s a lot of money for non-matching numbers and an import marking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you’re right, Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back