Third Party Press

dot 1944 - Pics Inside

scull20

Greetings all!

I came across this dot 44 at a local shop and was curious on your thoughts. I'm being told its "numbers matching"...if it is, great, if not, I am not overly worried about it, but would still like to know what I am dealing with.

Sorry for the crappy photos, I was in a rush and did not have much time to get anything very in-depth. Please let me know your thoughts.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Well, I am a novice, but to me it almost looks spray painted. Something very off with the metal finish. Looks like there's pitting that's been covered up.

Curious to see the experts take on it.

So right away I can see that the finish looks off, it looks like the black barbecue paint used on RC’s. The stock also looks like its been sanded/refinished...and the take down disk has been filled in. Other then that I can’t say much more due to poor quality pics.

Go to the picture reference index forum on this site and look at honest examples of dot 1944’s and you’ll be able to see the differences between those ones and this one.

If you offered 400.00 that dealers would be smiling ear to ear as you left with it! Don't even waste that much on it.

take down disc....

So right away I can see that the finish looks off, it looks like the black barbecue paint used on RC’s. The stock also looks like its been sanded/refinished...and the take down disk has been filled in. Other then that I can’t say much more due to poor quality pics.

no argument about the barbecue paint, but

I see the TD disc as having been removed, & not replaced. Not filled in .............
still a $400 rifle.......

It’s definitely been..... dipped? Spray painted? Can’t read the bolt root well enough to make any estimate there. The coloration and the buttplate especially are suspect, along with the missing takedown disc. I’d say this has been massaged and recommend not paying what’s on that tag!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like RC finish on the metal and a well sanded and lacquered stock. Not sure how/why the takedown disc is missing. Personally I wouldn't pay $400 for it.

easy pass for me,

besides buying a rifle in NJ

that stock was so shiney ,I had to change the light setting on my computer

I am getting the term in my head, when I see these shiney, made to look pretty rifles ( besides the word JUNK)

pimp guns

Military Rifle Journal
Back