Third Party Press

K43 serial

Sauer_Kraut

Hey, I came across a posting for a K43, the rifle looks really good but is well out of my price range and I just recently bought my own G43 for a far better price. I got some screen shoots just because the serial number was so low and thought it might be interesting for some of you. Looks like a 44 production and the serial is 514 o block? It also looks like the Russians got a hold of it, interesting that they kept the original mag with it.

Attachments

• K43 marking.jpg
    K43 marking.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 96
  • K43 marking2.jpg
    K43 marking2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 62
Hey, I came across a posting for a K43, the rifle looks really good but is well out of my price range and I just recently bought my own G43 for a far better price. I got some screen shoots just because the serial number was so low and thought it might be interesting for some of you. Looks like a 44 production and the serial is 514 o block? It also looks like the Russians got a hold of it, interesting that they kept the original mag with it.

I believe that the 514 was added later to the magazine. I am not aware of any magazines being numbered to the rifle.

Not that I have seen a lot of K43's, but the only numbered magazine I have seen was on a VOPO. Is that a sunburst on the receiver?

Not that I have seen a lot of K43's, but the only numbered magazine I have seen was on a VOPO. Is that a sunburst on the receiver?
Yes, KVP/VoPo. They often numbered magazines, though they are usually EP'd.

Thanks. First report of that rifle. I now have it in my serial number data base.

It’s a “low o block”, but not a low serial number to these rifles.

yes its faint sunburst after the serial number, yep typical east german re-work
and as pointed out in the front of the receiver nice
got more pictures to share??

Double VoPo rifle. The 2x "X's" represent double acceptance/refurb by the East Germans. Magazine being stamped forced matched was also typical of the East Germans and sometimes they would EP the serial on the side of the magazine.

Only the second VoPo that I have ever seen with the two "x's"

Here is the other example.
“Q” block but also low digit

Attachments

• 230FB56E-9DF4-4ED4-89EE-47351CAD426D.jpg
    230FB56E-9DF4-4ED4-89EE-47351CAD426D.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 24
yes its faint sunburst after the serial number, yep typical east german re-work
and as pointed out in the front of the receiver nice
got more pictures to share??

That is everything with markings. All the other pictures are just standard K43.

Military Rifle Journal
Back