Third Party Press

Its been a good run - Vol.1 sold out

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
As I told everyone earlier this year, Vol.1 stock was getting low. We have arrived, I've pulled the individual Vol.1 Karabiner 98k books from the site, we are effectively sold out. We have a handful of copies that are bundled/boxed as sets of 3 books (Vol.1 and 2), but no more individual copies. Some online ebay dealers have Vol.1 books they are selling, so if you missed out that is your only hope, but I can assure you even those will go fast.

It's been a great run. We have sold over half of the Vol.2 books, but have enough of those to last us through next year probably. Bruce and I appreciate all of the support with our books, the help in researching and putting them together. We are not going to be reprinting books, its too expensive and we're ready to move on.

We all appreciate you and Bruce’s efforts! Kriegsmodell was sold out when I found this site and I was happy to eventually get it and the others. But I remember the thought of “oh man I missed it” I’m also grateful I got to take part and help on Vol 2.

Happy I got mine all early AND with proof #221 for my Gustloff love. Thanks to you and Bruce for taking on the task. A labor of love no oubt.

That is great to hear. I will be curious to see if Volume I starts bringing the crazy price that Volume III does now.

Thanks for all your hard work not only on the books but with this forum. It is hands down the best weapons forum on the internet.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for all your hard work Mike! Bruce as well of course! The series is truly amazing and I feel so fortunate to have my name in Vol 2 even though my contribution was very small.

I have the complete numbered and signed set as well as an extra Vol III I won at an SOS draw. Some of my most prized possessions.

You guys did great work. The book series is the standard on several levels. Can only imagine the asking price for a full set on the secondary market in a few years.

mrfarb, were an equal number of each volume printed? I know there was a Volume III reprint.

What Slash said. Such an excellent reference work that cannot be bettered. A standard set for any serious reference work. I have a pretty sizable reference book library and this work by Bruce and Mike is IMHO the best (though I’m partial to the subject matter). As far as our hobby goes, the crowning achievement which will be here, referred to, and referenced long after we are gone. :happy0180:

Were identical numbers of each volume printed? And if I may ask in detail, how many were printed of each volume?

Roughly, we printed 1000-1100 of the first Kriegsmodell. That was a risk at the time, we didn’t know if we’d sell them all! Then we reprinted 1100 Kriegsmodell and named that Volume 3 when we came out with Volume 1. We printed about 2200 Vol. 1 to match the number of Kriegsmodell books. For Vol.2 we printed 2400-2500 I think? A few more than the others as we thought a few would only buy the wartime books.

Figures aren’t exact- when you print books, you order 1000 and they print 1100-1200 to make up for any bad books. You could get 950 or 1100, it’s not an exact science, and we didn’t keep track of the exact numbers. Bruce has shipped nearly every book sold.

I’d say we sold more than half of the books to dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just placed an order for the box set!!!! Thank you Bruce and Mike! I’d also like to give a pat on the back to the entire forum for allowing people who enjoy the k98k to learn and grow as collectors of this magnificent rifle!

These books are an incredible wealth of knowledge on the 98k and history. Thanks to the authors as these will be the standard works of reference for years to come.

We all appreciate you and Bruce’s efforts! Kriegsmodell was sold out when I found this site and I was happy to eventually get it and the others. But I remember the thought of “oh man I missed it” I’m also grateful I got to take part and help on Vol 2.

x2 It was a true pleasure to be involved in the editing of Volume II.

Thanks for all your hard work Mike! Bruce as well of course! The series is truly amazing and I feel so fortunate to have my name in Vol 2 even though my contribution was very small.

I have the complete numbered and signed set as well as an extra Vol III I won at an SOS draw. Some of my most prized possessions.

I still chuckle at what I wrote in the cover of your SOS Volume III raffle winning book. We don’t need to share that with the forum though ahaha!

x2 It was a true pleasure to be involved in the editing of Volume II.

I still chuckle at what I wrote in the cover of your SOS Volume III raffle winning book. We don’t need to share that with the forum though ahaha!

There are a lot of messages in that book that can't be made public. lol. I love that book.

I already have the first two volumes so I glad to hear that you successfully sold out the first volume. Those books are a wealth of useful, well organized, information and should be the standard for which all book on collectable firearms should be judged.

I have the set, minus volume 3. Been reading them quite a bit, especially after my recent and highly shameful gun broker shenanigans.....ahem ahem. Excellent books gentlemen, cheers! :happy0180:

These books gave the hobby a great leap forward, and cleared up many myths. I especially appreciate the amount of original documents that were researched. It gives the works a level of credibility that few other
books can attain. I agree that these (4) books will set the standard for many years to come. I bought two complete sets, one for myself as they became available, and then another for my son when I realized mine might be worn out before he inherits them! In a few years the books themselves we be collectors items as well as basic research material.

Congratulations to the authors.

Thanks for the information regarding the printing numbers mrfarb. You and bruce98k have mentioned a number of times that the books could have been significantly larger and that much material had to be left out or removed just to maintain a reasonable size to the volumes. I know that both of you are tired of writing books but have you considered releasing the unused and/or excised material as an addendum or final volume? I'm sure that others would be interested in the material as well.

Military Rifle Journal
Back