Third Party Press

Thread: Help Wanted: DOU 42 G.24(t) Restoration

Default Help Wanted: DOU 42 G.24(t) Restoration

Hi all,

I have a sporterized DOU 42 G.24(t) that I picked up a few months ago and am currently in the process of restoring. However, the rifle's receiver has been severely molested; it's been drilled and tapped in four places for a scope mount, modified to accommodate a bent bolt handle, and the stripper clip guide has been ground down and re-contoured to match the rear receiver bridge. I'm looking for someone that can at least undo or otherwise fix these alterations, while still allowing me to safely shoot the rifle. Thanks.

P.S. I can supply pictures of the receiver in question.

Quote Originally Posted by CRMausr7 View Post
    Hi all,

I have a sporterized DOU 42 G.24(t) that I picked up a few months ago and am currently in the process of restoring. However, the rifle's receiver has been severely molested; it's been drilled and tapped in four places for a scope mount, modified to accommodate a bent bolt handle, and the stripper clip guide has been ground down and re-contoured to match the rear receiver bridge. I'm looking for someone that can at least undo or otherwise fix these alterations, while still allowing me to safely shoot the rifle. Thanks.

P.S. I can supply pictures of the receiver in question.
    Nobody is more of a sucker for restoration projects than me, but the modifications you describe would be very difficult to fix, many time the value of the rifle. You could buy a pretty nice G.24T for less than the cost of the professional welding/machine work that your rifle would need.