Third Party Press

The ruptured duck

Roger S

Anybody have experience good or bad buying from the ruptured duck? Have an eye on something and never hurts to ask around.

Haven't bought anything from them in years, (I keep an eye on their website weekly) but always was pleased with purchases I made with them. They tend to be on the extreme retail side, but who isn't lately.

Have not purchased from them, but had a few chats with Bill about Back to the Future. He is a HUGE collector of that memorabilia. He seems like a genuine guy.

One of the few Third Reich material dealers that stands up by his offerings. His prices are high retail, but service is excellent. Any issues with originality of the item and he will take the it back for a full refund. I heard that he even took back a champagne rune helmet after Mr. Buhler's revelation. You can 100% trust him.

Jack

Thanks for the input folks. I have been out of headgear for a long while. I know it can be a craps shoot buying online, and like I said does not hurt to ask.

I recently bought a book off the site. Top notch service from beginning to end. But, that's what one would expect form a high end dealer. I have never bought one stitch of militiaria from Bill though as I'm not into paying extreme retail from anything I own. But, there are plenty out there who love the convenience of point and click shopping where price is no issue. I have seen fakes on his site and he is the only know dealer who publicly refunded a Sham-pain-ruin SS helmet after they were exposed as fake. I'm not sure what your after but, his site does get recent updates and that's nice to see fresh items.. Lots of sites are stale and nothing moves.

Good luck in your ventures.. Head gear especially soft gear Not helmets is really soft right now and its a great time to shop for visor caps and m43's those are now selling for 1/2 what they were and I'm not sure if we will see them any cheaper.

Longtime dealer, old school, with whom I've had a number of transactions over the last 30 years. Bill Shea is a good dealer, good guy. :thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back