Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniper Rifle for Review

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2 bruce98k's Avatar

Default Current thread

Brian, I am only calling this one based on what I see from those images, and from what I see its good.
    Now I could be totally wrong and you are correct in that we need additional images for complete certainty.

Your opinion is valued here and don't hesitate to forward an opinion.

Heck just go the the dumpster fire and look at my daily crucifixion!
    ---- Turbo Myö ----

I will play mediator.. I understand where Brian is coming from. As textbook correct is always the safest way to go. But, also we have yet to see the rest of the rifle. So , lets play it safe.

Just seeing the font and the way the barrel is hand stamped looks correct. The Rifle could be a resto ? We have to wait for the rest of the photos.... As the end result is to help the poster with his purchase.

I'm not sure if the complement or statement of Bruce's credentials was being sarcastic or not ? Its often hard to judge these things.

I for one Know if anyone's opinion meant more on the subject or Mauser Oberndorf rifles in general Sniper or non it would be Bruce's . The man has spent more time on that subject than any other here X 10 .

We are all here to share are knowledge freely and differing opinions on such a rare rifle with non-typical marks or not should be held in suspicion till all of it can be seen. M2cents

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Nobody expects everyone that responds to a thread to be an acclaimed author and to have a certain point of view. So if your take isn’t what someone else is you feel you should mind your own business? You’re very defensive about Bruce’s opinion on this, just have your opinion and be patient, the evidence is still forthcoming- you could be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No not defensive. Although I try to be careful what I post for public consumption. I did not want to see someone get taken and at the same time I did not want to overly insult someone’s prize. Also, did not want to seem as if I know more than Bruce. I know for sure I don’t. Maybe the rifle looks better in person. I’m just trying to avoid this exact scenario.
    Last edited by Hercules; 09-16-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce98k View Post
    Brian, I am only calling this one based on what I see from those images, and from what I see its good.
    Now I could be totally wrong and you are correct in that we need additional images for complete certainty.

Your opinion is valued here and don't hesitate to forward an opinion.

Heck just go the the dumpster fire and look at my daily crucifixion!
    Sorry Bruce. I meant no sarcasm at all. I respect your knowledge. You know that. Iím sure. I just would not personally be all that excited about this gun. I only would consider a perfect gun personally. Maybe itís right and never restored. I just donít like it. Thanks for all the info and help over the years. Itís been a great time. So, I meant nothing negative towards anyone here.

Default Current thread

Brian the respect goes both ways my friend. I always appreciate your input and insight into the sniper variants.
    Looking forward to more discussion on this example, and hopefully more images!
    ---- Turbo Myö ----

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

Damian pointed this HT out to me the night it was posted , Hell he was so excited about seeing it he called me at 12:35 that night , Woke me out of a Dead Sleep . IMO I really like examples with these anomalies , I suspect most newbie collectors would not like a sniper rifle with such an anomaly or anomalies they want your basic textbook example . But for some collectors or more seasoned/advanced collectors this type of rifle is just the ticket I am not saying this to be arrogant just making a point . A collector first has to feel comfortable with what your buying and also like it . First hand look at the HT I thought it looked very promising other than the fact it had no final 135 proof and that more photos would certainly be needed to verify if it is original or not . I am looking forward to more detailed photos .

Oh come now Dave you called me at almost 11 p.m. at night when I was relaxing in my hotel room after the ogca show on Friday lol!

Those are the best phone calls talking about gun deals and cool stuff!
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Default Current thread

One note of caution on this rifle.
    Some 20 years ago, I became aware of a "restored" svw45 turret. The rifle was an original turret that was sporterized.
    In the process the stock was replaced but I am unsure of whether or not the buttplate was correct.

Thats why its critical to get more images. I believe the rifle was sold to Mike Wamsher and from there I do not know where it went.
    ---- Turbo Myö ----