Third Party Press

Dun-Rite Armory: BFONG MP40

DIETRICH

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the Dun-Rite Armory blank fire only MP40? As a reenactor, I’m interested yet find zero reviews online. For about $3,000, it seems like a very expensive risk with no warranty from the company. I’m hoping to find some good customer reviews at some point... if there are any.

Thank you!

For this question I would recommend heading out to the Reenactor groups on Facebook. Better chance of someone having one. The fact that they fire forward is a huge plus over the SSR BFONG, all Chuck could get approved at the time though. I am a reenactor in the midwest, last year I put together an Indianapolis Ordnance BFONG MP40, it uses a combination of original and repro parts. It was pricy due to needing the original parts. We had some on hand so it wasn't too bad. Not sure if Dun Rite uses original parts at all, based on the pics I am going to say maybe not.

Thank you for your input. I see your perspective on the original parts aspect. It appears overpriced for a BFONG. At least with some MP40 original parts there is value in the parts. I will pass on this one. Thank you again.

Last edited:
I've done several of my own builds so I respect the time put into the design, build and hoops needed to get these to the legal sale point. I suspect none of these guys are getting rich off of these. If there was enough interest in them and they could sell enough the price would come down but these are such a niche market item you'll never see it. the best solution we could ever hope for is that BATF would allow you to permanently attach a special barrel/trunnion to all original parts. The cost of the barrel/trunnion assembly alone could be done reasonably on a lathe, probably retail around $600-750 all in. You are still going to be into it for $2-3k with original parts and the special barrel. Depending on what kind of reenacting you are doing (impression and rank) you could look at more inexpensive items. BFONG Sten converted to MP28. That wasn't too bad. Still MP28 parts floating around for this. Or just run with a k98 as there are way too many sub guns out there in the field now.

Military Rifle Journal
Back