Third Party Press

Thread: BYF 44 High Turret- Turd Alert for misrepresentation

Thumbs down BYF 44 High Turret- Turd Alert for misrepresentation

This rifle is unfairly represented in the description to fool someone. The water proof statement concerning stock is a ridiculous claim. That's a new one. Stock is at least ruined and not done as stated to water proof the stock by a WWII Sniper. Stock was sanded and refinished post war most likely. German snipers did not sometimes water proof stocks as stated in description. Stock may even be replaced. Who knows from these photos. Way over priced for something with very low collector value, since it's not in any way still in original war time condition. Link, pictures, and description below.

https://simpsonltd.com/germany-k98k-sniper-c48472/

Description:

8mm; 85% blue, Excellent bore, Good stock, 23.6'' barrel, K98k MAUSER OBERNDORF ALL MATCHING SNIPER RIFLE. BEHIND THE SERIAL NUMBER IS THE PROPER 135 WAFFENAMPT, ALL MATCHING NUMBERS INCLUDING FORWARD SCOPE RING. THE OPTIC IS A 4X DIALYTAN SCOPE NUMBERED 72509 CODED BMJ FOR HENSOLDT & SOHNE, MOUNTED IN THE HIGH TURRET CONFIGURATION. THE RETICLE IS THE 3 POST TYPE. THE BLUING IS FADING ON THE REAR BAND, TG AND SUN SHIELD ON SCOPE. THE STOCK HAS BEEN REFINISHED BUT THAT WAS SOMETIMES DONE BY THE INDIVIDUAL SNIPER TO WATERPROOF THE STOCK. WE GUARANTEE THIS RIFLE TO BE A LEGITIMATE SNIPER., s/n 487xxe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hercules; 09-22-2020 at 05:04 PM.

So itís a high turdet?
    ďNot every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.Ē - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar

Seems to be the Norm with Simpsonltd as of late , specially when it comes to a Sniper Rifle !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dumb when it comes to German sniper rifles and even I knew this one stank. Simpson's star is falling fast.
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.

I just saw this on their website and knew one of you guys had to have posted about it here on the forum. Sure enough, here it is lol. Iím not up in sniper rifles all that much, but this one seemed off. Simpson has been seriously screwing up with K98ís for sure

Iíd stick with their Swiss and Swede weaponís... nothing else. Those items still seem good and plentiful. Everything else I just pass by and close my eyes.

Hello,

of to hind what looks like a duffle cut repair behind the sling?? I have seen stock cut in this odd area or it just some damage the stock has but is now filled in with something??

Later
    Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by vaughn99 View Post
    Hello,

of to hind what looks like a duffle cut repair behind the sling?? I have seen stock cut in this odd area or it just some damage the stock has but is now filled in with something??

Later
    Vaughn
    Yes. I saw that too. I thought that could be a duffle cut and the reason for all the stock work as well. The pictures arenít the the best though.